gas leak in ground floor flat | Ground Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gas leak in ground floor flat in the Ground Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flashman21

hi plumbers o sorry heating engineers (joke) I have bought a 11 year old flat purpose built in 2000 and I had the old boiler taken out and replaced with a new one so far so good it was about to be commissioned and there's a gas leak between my gas valve on my boundary wall (inside flat) to gas box 20 meters away the pipes run under the concrete (screed) corridor to the gas meter is there any thing I can do to fix it or is it the case I will need a new pipe layed by the way my management company don't want anything to do with it and are as helpful as a snowman I think I am looking at 5k easy I have just looked on line and there leak detecting company's are they ok ? any help would be great as its a bit cold .kind regards flashman

yes I have gas safe engineer its caped of but is the a way to fix it with out bankrupting me? thanks for your quick reply

A new gas pipe from the meter not burried may be the cheapest option if its possible

Is it in a communal area?
maybe check your building insurnace

maybe check your building insurnace

Check with your mainteance company if you have one... Other than that call a Gas Safe Registered proffesional DON'T EVER meddle with GAS it will get you KILLED!!!

How did you come up with 5K to replace 20Mts of pipe ?? And how come the leak was not found B4 new boiler was fitted ? did your gas man not do a test B4 he started ??

Last edited:
maybe check your building insurance
arrrrr just typed out wording on insurance and lost it all: yes it is in communal hall way insurance says :underground serves we will indemnify you in respect of accidental damage to underground a)pipes b) cables...we will not cover maintenance , accidental damage caused by . gradual wear and tear, corrosion, rust, rot or fungus, faulty workmanship or the use of defective materials ...i think they have some big get outs there so i am going to have to foot the bill .....

Transco, management company would be involved then i bet plus block of flats i would of thought 5k easily health and safety gas runs past front door to 24 flats

If this is the maim gas Pipe feeding the whole block then its not your problem, your gas pipe is the one that runs from your gas meter ! the supply pipe to your meter is transco problem so is the leak from your side of the meter or not ??

no from the gas meter (my side) to my valve in my flat which is on the boundary the pipe from there to the lovely new boiler is ok

What sort of pipe is it, does it look like the other gas pipes from the meters follow the same path?

If you get stuck I'd come and do it for £4850!

Im here if you need a hand. I hope your enjoying your last few early evenings on here mate. Because come next week when your on the cards, you'd have had a lovely phone call fom your office with another job just before five ;-)

Im here if you need a hand. I hope your enjoying your last few early evenings on here mate. Because come next week when your on the cards, you'd have had a lovely phone call fom your office with another job just before five ;-)

Cant do that mate I need to fit in the private work after 3pm!

Cant do that mate I need to fit in the private work after 3pm!

You won't need much extra work if your fitting 20 metres of copper for 5 large. You might need some extra shoe boxes to fit your cash under your bed in though. Obviously remembering to pay the taxman 20% in April :)

so let see if I am getting this right I have come to a plumbers website for help and you want to take the mick out of the situation.. its -5 I have no heating WELL I CAN TELL YOU IT IS not HIALIOURS .

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok how bout you say where you are and see if one of us useless qualified chaps could come and give you some advice. We can't tell you answers when we cant see exactly what we are dealing with.

hi plumbers o sorry heating engineers (joke)

You started with the amusing comments.

And your management company will want something to do with it if you try and dig up a communal area, possibly disturbing 23 other gas services.
It's going to cost more than £5k.

Last edited:
tell you what I will go and do a blog and put your post's up and a review of applumbing that will be funny wont it.

Lol please do. I think you will find my pricing more than fair

what so I say plumber joke -heating engineer most people don't care apart from heating engineers. I am just looking for advise but seems like taking the mick out of my predicament if that's fun to you guys ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
Thanks so much guys, i appreciate ur advice...
Replies
Views
How old is your place? Get the gas company to...
Replies
Views
He’s brave leaving it on with a drop and a...
Replies
Views
Is the gas pipe magnetic?
Replies
Views
Back