Gas Meter Bracket - Help! Arguing with First Utility | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Meter Bracket - Help! Arguing with First Utility in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

At the end of the day and regardless of 'whose bracket' this is,
if the company replacing the Meter have an issue with ownership, cost and responsibility, then on first inspection of that and prior to commencing work they should, in my opinion, make the responsible person aware that the Meter requires an adequate support and either the responsible person needs to have it seen to prior to the Meter being changed or they can do it for an extra charge during the Meter change.

I think that would demonstrate common sense and fairness.

Last edited:
I agree, Last Plumber. Seems like the installer just decided to get in and out as quick as possible. I find it amazing that they actually re-used that bracket, whoever it actually belongs to.

I think you'll find if the pipe work to the meter is securely fixed and is of rigid pipe work ( copper etc ) it doesn't even need a fixing bracket. That's copper on one side.

I think you'll find if the pipe work to the meter is securely fixed and is of rigid pipe work ( copper etc ) it doesn't even need a fixing bracket. That's copper on one side.

But on the regulator side there's going to be a semi rigid anaconda, if you knock the meter without it being secured to a bracket wouldn't that place strain on the copper pipework possibly leading to a leak?

I'm not saying it's a good thing, that's just the regs if it's and old installation. So the energy company can always get out of doing it. I did one recently where the meter and bracket were replaced but the bracket screws came away from the wall. I removed the meter and refitted the bracket correctly. The energy supplier paid the client who then paid me.

This is what happens when you dont have to inform ncs to the customer.

If you want them to come back to fit a bracket, ring them and demend they remove THEIR meter from YOUR property, inform them you have purchased your own gas meter and will be having your own meter installed.

Similar plumbing topics

the Same position for meter but riser outside...
Replies
Views
Storm in a tea cup. You wont get anywhere, as...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back