Gas meter display blank | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas meter display blank in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I passed everything and recorded the fact that I could not GR due to faulty display on meter and left the CP12. So I did not AR and left everything as it was.
It was niggling at me all last night, so I phoned Gas Safe technical for guidance this morning. The chap says as long as inlet is within 1mbar from the meter reading proving correct pipe sizing so it is not under gassed and FGA readings are good then pass it and record on cert that you could not GR and the reason why. And report it to the gas supplier. So I am happy I made the right decision in the end. Thanks to all for your opinions in this matter. You never stop learning in this game.

But you said you would A. Which is overstepping your remit and powers.

Fair enough, abort the job and return if you wish, but it is totally wrong to stick DO NOT USE labels everywhere unless they are justified.

If I was a LL and you pulled that stunt and had tenants hassling me, you would be answering questions.
We Will agree to disagree mate. You do what you need to and so will I.

I passed everything and recorded the fact that I could not GR due to faulty display on meter and left the CP12. So I did not AR and left everything as it was.
It was niggling at me all last night, so I phoned Gas Safe technical for guidance this morning. The chap says as long as inlet is within 1mbar from the meter reading proving correct pipe sizing so it is not under gassed and FGA readings are good then pass it and record on cert that you could not GR and the reason why. And report it to the gas supplier. So I am happy I made the right decision in the end. Thanks to all for your opinions in this matter. You never stop learning in this game.

Which is exactly what I said. But nobody knows everything, and it is right to take steps to be certain that you are acting properly. At least you don't have to go back :)

Similar plumbing topics

I had it at least once, told customer to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Looking at a meter installation like yours...
Replies
Views
OOOO Yeah! Spend 10 minutes squinting at a...
Replies
Views
On the basis that one opinion is good but two...
Replies
Views
Storm in a tea cup. You wont get anywhere, as...
Replies
Views
Back