Gas meter relocation | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas meter relocation in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I get you mate.
Just to confirm though for future when the ana is on a reg and I have to use it and I have to get to copper from it the correct fitting should be the 3/4 - 3/4 adaptor you posted a couple of messages ago just with a 22-3/4 screwed into it ?

correct if going onto an ana tbh there not that much might be worth trying one to make 1000000% sure

depends whats in the way you cant move it more that 1m away and you need access to the ecv so hard pipe it remove the ana out of the reg and install a tapered male iron (3/4) then you just need to get onto the ecv so a 3/4 meter connection to 22mm should sort this out

Don’t know that would be down to the grid to decide if they say ok get in writing then go ahead

Might be stating the obvious but the threa on the anaconda and ecv outlet are BS746 and not BSP. Grid /cadent/whoever dont give or with hold permission as its not their meter. They are gas transporters not generally meter asset managers. Having said that there is a MAM called National Grid Metering. To get off the primary ECV ou could use a 3/4" FBS746 x MBS746 adaptor and then a regulator outlet union which would then give you a male 3/4 BSP thread to connect onto,,thats one option

Might be stating the obvious but the threa on the anaconda and ecv outlet are BS746 and not BSP. Grid /cadent/whoever dont give or with hold permission as its not their meter. They are gas transporters not generally meter asset managers. Having said that there is a MAM called National Grid Metering. To get off the primary ECV ou could use a 3/4" FBS746 x MBS746 adaptor and then a regulator outlet union which would then give you a male 3/4 BSP thread to connect onto,,thats one option
Cheers mate I’ll keep that in mind

Similar plumbing topics

you will have to call the gas transporter /...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the replies. I had another...
Replies
Views
the Same position for meter but riser outside...
Replies
Views
Great. Thanks 😀
Replies
Views
N
Thank you all. The wording was ambiguous in...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
Back