Gas Pipe in wall? | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Pipe in wall? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/2" barrel sounds what I'm looking for shorticus, I could chase, chop of old and re-plaster the whole wall, that's not a problem if needed,the kitchen is small enough without losing anymore to dot and dab or even 2" x 1" batten then plasterboard ,anywhere I could find the in and outs on the barrel procedures,I reckon I'll get my mate to strip out the old lead mains then he can connect onto the boiler gas pipe come across the kitchen then drop down the same wall in 1/2" barrel where I'm concerned about the protection of the pipe, what's best form of corrosion protection on this stuff, it's in soft red brick that sucks up water like a tissue, just want to get all chases etc ready before I call him in

barrell's not really a diy job, your gas fitter should be capable of doing it for you if he's worth his salt, as for protection you can't beat denso tape although it's horrible stuff to work with and may stain through the new plaster

I don't intend doing it myself,I just want to get all the prep work done,Is there anyway of sealing the Denso tape at all, spraying with stainblock etc, covering it in bonding rather than sand and cement? I've got so much to do in that kitchen it's unbelievable, got a lath and plaster ceiling to come down, the whole kitchen wants at least a re-skim, total re-plastering at some parts, the idiots who built the bathroom extension on the back of the house got the floor levels wrong, the bathroom floor is actually about 40mm higher than the kitchen floor level,I've raise the lobby floor up to the correct level, just got to get the kitchen floor sorted now but there wasn't enough space to run the pipework under that screed, maximum depth about 45mm, it's even touch and go whether that will stay down properly, so while I'm making a mess I just want to get everything chopped out at once and cleaned away while I'm taking time off work, that way I won't upset the neighbours too much with constant banging everyday :) even if it's not directly on the party wall, so much to do with Xmas fast approaching as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Make sure there is a means of isolating the...
Replies
Views
Lloyd999
L
It would cost quite a bit to move the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Yes! Freshly installed last week. My...
Replies
Views
Back