gas safe and non payers | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gas safe and non payers in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have actually done the commission it all works fine its just paperwork and sign off side of it . Had a feeling over last invoice that may be an issue hence why didnt follow through a gas notification

Have they got completed benchmark or fga results?

If you finished the ommision you have entirly other issue as the boilers all good so I would guess Transco wont want to know, but you can with hold certification and registration/ warranty register untill full payment is made!

Short and curlys. You were asked to leave when commissioning and have not been allowed back in. Granny's believe u!

If you arnt getting paid open a can of woop bum ! It's a dangerous situation .... Un omissions appliance connected to gas!

Hi Hammers.

Who were you working for? The householder or the builder?

In either case, I would recommend normal credit control processes - polite but firm request in writing with deadline (EVERYTHING from now on in writing - no phone calls and no texts) followed by prompt court action.

It would be sensible to say that you won't register the boiler or complete the benchmark book without payment, (in fact, I would definitely put it in writing, otherwise the lack will be used in the future to make you look incompetent). I would recommend against doing anything else in your capacity as a GSR.

The rights and responsibilities of Gas Safe Registered engineers are all about SAFETY, not credit control. Just imagine the uproar if (say) a policeman or doctor was making use of their official powers in order to enforce payment of a debt? It doesn't matter how right you are, you will be wrong if you abuse that privilege. Its not worth risking your ticket for it.

But if it's not benchmarked and the customer hasn't been shown by him or confirmed it's operation it has not been commissioned and is therefore I commissioned.

If you phone the supplier to try to get it capped as I commissioned you are dropping yourself in it as you have now just admitted you fired a boiler up and left it getting used but un commissioned,
I know you are saying it is safe and it's just the paperwork (I'm not saying you left it dangerous, but you can hardly go to the supplier claiming it's Uncommissioned if you left it running)

The thing is you left it up and running so you "commissioned" it. You just didn't fill in the paperwork.
Try to get Transco involved and they won't be interested but even if you got a jobsworth sent out who would cut it off (highly unlikely) you have just dropped yourself in a heap of shyte.
You know full well builders know lots of different contractors so getting it signed off won't be hard with the lure of some work. Somebody will do it.
Follow Rays advice if you can be bothered with that route or personally i'd pay the builder a visit one night and kick the shyt out of him on his doorstep.

Can we open a list to name & shame these Builders, I think we have all been caught at some time by builders, myself twice, so I don't do work for builders anymore, not saying they are all the same, but it does seem to be it there nature , even my own brother- in- law has tried It on, But a can of expanding foam makes an awful and costly mess of vans, builders have a lot of enemies so hard to prove who did it.

The thing is you left it up and running so you "commissioned" it. You just didn't fill in the paperwork.
Try to get Transco involved and they won't be interested but even if you got a jobsworth sent out who would cut it off (highly unlikely) you have just dropped yourself in a heap of shyte.
You know full well builders know lots of different contractors so getting it signed off won't be hard with the lure of some work. Somebody will do it.
Follow Rays advice if you can be bothered with that route or personally i'd pay the builder a visit one night and kick the shyt out of him on his doorstep.

Tam that would be a guy you know, not you, cause you are nice

Hi Hammers.

Who were you working for? The householder or the builder?

In either case, I would recommend normal credit control processes - polite but firm request in writing with deadline (EVERYTHING from now on in writing - no phone calls and no texts) followed by prompt court action.

It would be sensible to say that you won't register the boiler or complete the benchmark book without payment, (in fact, I would definitely put it in writing, otherwise the lack will be used in the future to make you look incompetent). I would recommend against doing anything else in your capacity as a GSR.

The rights and responsibilities of Gas Safe Registered engineers are all about SAFETY, not credit control. Just imagine the uproar if (say) a policeman or doctor was making use of their official powers in order to enforce payment of a debt? It doesn't matter how right you are, you will be wrong if you abuse that privilege. Its not worth risking your ticket for it.

all my invoices are invoiced to the householder not the builder , the builder originally recommended me thats all that it was with the builder .

The builder i do know has not made much money from this project and has now made noises of counter claims which are bull .

Thats why they stuck their nose in and said dont pay the plumbs

However if they wish to go that route then they have damaged numourous pipes on first fix and whilst boarding etc etc

I never bought this up as yet as wasnt expecting this attempted sting at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Morning All. We have a gas safe inspection...
Replies
Views
I am about to start a training course to...
Replies
Views
These agreements are difficult to get right...
Replies
Views
You will have almost certainly have a "non...
Replies
Views
Was thinking of just ringing round any ladder...
Replies
Views
Back