Gas tap in cavity wall. What can I do ie do I fill around it | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas tap in cavity wall. What can I do ie do I fill around it in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

image.jpg
Gas tap in cavity wall
Advise needed

That’s your emergency control valve (ecv), which currently looks like you can’t turn it off. Restricted access to this would be against regulations and any engineer would class it as At Risk, unless there’s a gas escape or other emergency, then it would be immediately dangerous.

Who’s put it in the cavity? Is it actually a cavity wall?

Last edited by a moderator:
It definitely looks like a built over main. You can report it to the gas transporter but the customer may be charged to relocate it. I would definitely document it and provide paperwork to cover your back down the line.

Can yo take a picture further back ? the pipe is your main Incoming gas supply and emergency control valve , this needs to be accessable at all times foam filler needs removing we can advise you further when we have more information . Kop

Similar plumbing topics

Make sure there is a means of isolating the...
Replies
Views
Lloyd999
L
What about a metal blanking plate?
Replies
Views
Experience tells me 10mm won't be enough but...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Either is ok upto you tbh
Replies
Views
The only opening in a built in gas meter box...
Replies
Views
Back