Gas valve for hob behind cupboard. | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas valve for hob behind cupboard. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

The scenario is ‘ the boxing has screws in it too’ covered in lovely fresh two month old paint, but to remove the panels, would require cutting the caulk and damaging the painted screw heads
Instead of a brand be £700 electric oven she has just had fitted and you need to remove it to get to the gas tap for the hob.

The scenario is ‘ the boxing has screws in it too’ covered in lovely fresh two month old paint, but to remove the panels, would require cutting the caulk and damaging the painted screw heads
But again this all comes down to the engineer, there is nothing concrete saying access hatches have to be used, if you can remove the boxing in a reasonable amount of time and without damaging any decor then I wouldn't personally say an access hatch is required.

Instead of a brand be £700 electric oven she has just had fitted and you need to remove it to get to the gas tap for the hob.

Yep, I get what you mean HF. But really, how many times do you isolate the gas cock to work on it? I bet you turn off the ECV to stop the gas.
I all honesty, they’re just another item waiting to leak, when the grease dries up.... waste of time and money

I think that behind an inbuilt cooker is accessible.
I would use a compression Gas cock in that position.
These ovens are easily removed normally and by one man too.
I can have one out in less than two minutes but if it is a worry, put the Gas cock behind the next cupboard and drill a hole in that so it is visible.
When all is said and done the connection to the hob provided by manufacturers is a face joint with a fibre washer on one side and a male taper thread the other side. I know I have seen more leaking joints up there than leaking Gas cocks. Again, Engineers discretion.
At the end of the day there is no list of what is accessible or not.
It is the same for sparks. They can use joint boxes as long as they are accessible. Most of those are beneath carpets and floor boards with no clue of where they are. At least with a hob you can suspect that there is something to isolate it somewhere behind one of the cupboards.

Similar plumbing topics

What about a metal blanking plate?
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Still being called spammy by the forum filters...
Replies
Views
Also, they could even supply their own tube...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
Back