Gledhill boiler and boiler mate advice. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gledhill boiler and boiler mate advice. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vix

Hi

We are looking at buying a house. The house is a 3 storey house with a bathroom on the first floor and an ensuite on the 2nd floor. The house is approx 125m[SUP]2[/SUP] in area. The boiler was installed when the house was built in 2008 and it is a Gledhill boiler, situated in the kitchen with a boiler mate in the eaves storage on the 2nd floor.(I don't know the model)

The seller mentioned not many people (I am assuming plumbers) know a lot about them and having "googled" the make I have not found many good reviews. In particular problems with hot water temperature.

Could anyone please give me some advice as to whether this is a good make/brand of boiler? Also I am unclear as to what the boiler mate is or why it is needed!

Many Thanks

When they work they are great boilers/thermal stores. If you have problems it can be hard to find someone who knows about them.
Just get there plumbers details and don't worry too much about it.

When they work they are great boilers/thermal stores. If you have problems it can be hard to find someone who knows about them.
Just get there plumbers details and don't worry too much about it.

:smiley2:Thanks Ollieg

I have worked on loads of them and find them pretty reliable.
I wouldn't have a problem buying a property with one installed.

I have worked on loads of them and find them pretty reliable.
I wouldn't have a problem buying a property with one installed.

Thanks Mountainman. Its a shame I don't live further south otherwise I would call you if we had problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You should be able to pull a bit more out eg...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back