GloWorm Betacom 24c help!? no hot water or central heating since gas man visited??? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss GloWorm Betacom 24c help!? no hot water or central heating since gas man visited??? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JayDot

Hi guys, I have recently moved in my first flat with my partner and its the boiler situation isnt exactly great...

Firstly the boiler has only recently been fitted and was brand new so cant complain about that.
However our landlord has left us a servicing and fitting guide but no user manual, its not rocket science i know but i would like to understand why and how to fix whatevers wrong not just know that somethings not right.
Anyways on to the problem, info's a little sketchy as my partner was home at the time not me but here goes...
The gas man came to reset the meter as we have only just moved in, he couldnt do it as he had a problem with his card reader... He knocked on the door and said do you want everything turning back on now im done, my partner said if they were on before you came then yes..

Thats all the details i have but since he has been we have had no hot water and no central heating, the pressures on 1 bar and the first LED is green..
Could this just be something he hasnt put back on??

Regards, Jono

Re: GloWorm Betacom 24c help!? no hot water or central heating since gas man visited?

try resetting the boiler its in lock out,either turn the power off run a hot tap to create a demand turn power on or look at the instructions on how to reset

Re: GloWorm Betacom 24c help!? no hot water or central heating since gas man visited?

thanks mate ill try that, just downloading some instructions now

do you have any other gas appliances there ? to prove you have gas?

no mate, oven and hob both electric

am i right in assuming its not the pilot light as most new boilers will re-ignite themselves after gas has been turned off??

im going to go try it now, ill be back online if i cant get it going..
If not iv done it, thanks for your help gasman much appreciated :)

Tries resetting boiler last night and no use... The fan kicks in when you run a tap and there's a secondary 'woosh' as if something was igniting inside but no hot water or heating

May be a one you've already checked JayDot but if you go to your card meter does it have 'ON' on the screen? Push the red button and the screen should spring into life. Also check that the meter tap handle is vertical 'ON'! If you know you're gas is on then try several re-sets of the boiler. If it still isn't lighting let your landlord know as it's their responsibility to supply you with heating and hot water! :smile5:

Thanks diamondgas, when you push the red button it says 'M' and the tap is on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back