Glowworm Betacom boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glowworm Betacom boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gas Jim

Hi all

Ive got a job next week to install this boiler and was wondering whether its ok to do so, as customer has bought this on the internet and could not be with modern standards but i think it is. If anybody knows if its not ok it would be gratefully appreciated..

Thanks
Gas Jim

if you are installing the boiler your qualified i take it... how would you not know if its ok or not??? or does the gas in your name 'gas jim' just refer to the gasses you pass form your rear end?? :)

Haha i just read what ive written and i am gas qualified! I was not sure as its not a a rated boiler.

i thought band B is a puffer with a recuperator or am I barking

are betacoms not the same tat as heatline be it band a or band b with just as expensive parts serve your custard right for buying tat off the net

reminds me of a clown of a customer who supplied a boiler that he bought from wickes or similar, He had paid £300 odd and was delighted with his purchase until I opened the box to find it had been dropped big time from a fork lift. I wont install boilers provided by customers as it has always ended in tears and not mine LOL

I agree, I had a landlord who wanted me to fit a (used) Biasi riva in a flat in Edinburgh just last month! No Packaging, No MI's, no flue and No effing chance!

The sad thing is Gasmarc, some idiot will end up fitting it for cash.

I know what you mean , There is know shortage of cowboys out there, A local merchant asked a mate if he would install an old type boiler in his shop which provides heat for his whole house also. You wouldnt mind but they were involved in a fatality years ago

The sad thing is Gasmarc, some idiot will end up fitting it for cash.
which is why in the interest of safety they should allow us to fit and register them untill supplies dry up its the legislation driving people to unregistered installers in this example
they should ban the manufacture or import of substandard boilers rather than the fitting

I dont do Install only they buy the boiler and maybe a flue if you are lucky No TRVs ,Thermostat ,cleaner ,inhibitor, filling loop ,pipe, fittings they ring you up ask a price over the phone and expect you to get all the parts required out of your van for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that, appreciate it. I think I'm...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Nope you can’t keep the flue, as the flue...
Replies
Views
C
In a word, no. Needs a gas safe bod.
Replies
Views
Back