GlowWorm Boiler Burner Never Switches Off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss GlowWorm Boiler Burner Never Switches Off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just normal operation? Its currently 22 deg C upstairs and downstairs.

No thermostat just a timer (thermostat install is next project in old council house), boiler rad temps is set to 65 deg C. 10 rads in the house.

It sounds like your boiler is continuously running due to the absence of a room thermostat, leading to overheating. The flashing radiator icon and constant flame symbol indicate it's trying to heat beyond necessity. Installing a room thermostat will help regulate the temperature efficiently by turning the boiler off when the set temperature is reached, preventing constant running and overheating. Additionally, check if the boiler's internal thermostat is working correctly, as it should modulate the flame based on heating demand.

Hope this helps.

It sounds like your boiler is continuously running due to the absence of a room thermostat, leading to overheating. The flashing radiator icon and constant flame symbol indicate it's trying to heat beyond necessity. Installing a room thermostat will help regulate the temperature efficiently by turning the boiler off when the set temperature is reached, preventing constant running and overheating. Additionally, check if the boiler's internal thermostat is working correctly, as it should modulate the flame based on heating demand.

Hope this helps.
Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in place for next Winter, hopefully that will solve it, thanks.

Similar plumbing topics

Drain from the lowest point if you’re draining...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I meant to imply that the boiler does short...
Replies
Views
Hi Gerardo, thanks for your tips - they’ve...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
Back