Glowworm Boiler no hot water at shower mixer | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glowworm Boiler no hot water at shower mixer in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob1256

Hi new to this but have looked for similar everywhere and no joy! I have a glowworm betacom 30 5 years old. All hot water taps are ok apart from shower mixer, no hot water but when I run the hot tap a bit as well, the shower goes hot. I have replaced the mixer so won't be that and have checked the hot & cold connections are at the right valves. Also, when I run the CH the shower goes hot? I have checked the DHW inlet filter and shower filter?? Help please!

I should add, I did some pipe-work modification to the MCW (putting in 4No bends with 2No flexi-pipe) I now know this was wrong so have put everything back to as-was, still the same problem tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
it could be a diverter valve problem, 8 times out of 10, it usually fixes it. but cant promise it. its also probs the cheapest way to start to.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I have just been told it could still be the mixer... if I get a mixer with a larger delivery per min (6 l/min as to the existing 3l/m at 0.1 bar) could this fix it... with a larger flow rate to call in the boiler? Can I check the divert valve?

much appreciated.

you could proove its the mixer by fitting a full bore isolatore on the pipes to the shower then turning the cold one off to see if the shower valve then has the flow to switch the boiler on .also check valve for blocked filter gauzes . just thoughts

Hi,

I have done that and the water flows hot so must be making the switch, the filters are also clean on the mixer and boiler DHW inlet... is this looking like another faulty shower mixer, can anyone recomend one that will work, the new one was a triton?

some showers come with a variation of flow restrictors ensure they are fitted correctly or fit one that restricts more to the cold

I have a little more info, I have measured the flow rate on the kitchen hot water and it's above 4l/min, the boiler manual say's it should fire on 3l/min, think this will be the problem for the shower - any ideas what could cause this?

Apologies, I meant without firing, the max flow is just over 6L/min so still not the 9-10. I have a boiler guy coming tomorrow but just wondered if anyone had any ideas on why it wouldnt be firing at the min flow rate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you in a hard water area ? possable that you have a blockage in side boiler, what is flow rate like on cold taps ? 4/6 Lts not very good, whats next door water supply like ? is it as poor as yours ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
  • Question
I've just read your thread. Most decent...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Back