God keep the DIYers safe from harm | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss God keep the DIYers safe from harm in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
20160116_120747[1].jpg20160116_121110[1].jpg20160116_131816[1].jpg20160116_132858[1].jpg

i apologise for the quality of my pictures, but i was having an argument with the customer while taking them.
what they show is a DIYer who has cut into and adapted the flue of a combi boiler to combine the tumble drier out let with the boiler flue. while the boiler is on it sucks all the fluff from the tumble drier into the heat exchanger

Just read post#13, I would distance myself from this idiot as fast as I could, make sure you do everything by the book, ID notice, call ESP if refused etc
I'd get gassafe involved (even if the other service engineer is imaginary)
And I would also put in writing (to the idiot) the reasons why I wouldn't carry out any repairs/replacement (he couldn't see the immediate danger he had put his family in and would probably do the same again)
The above letter would be hand delivered

Agree entirely except for the last point. Would be better recorded delivery. There's a legal record of it then..

I'd be walking away from that job. No power flush means not installed to MI so no warranty/guarantee either. Customer sounds like hard work. Although it pays the bills sometimes it's best to lose out on a job and let someone else deal with them

Which boiler manufacturer say that the system must be power flushed?

Most of the systems I have installed onto since I have moved to Cornwall have been spotless and do not need a power flush, a chemical flush is more than enough and when I've been back to service and clean out the magnacleans they have been lovely and clean.

Which boiler manufacturer say that the system must be power flushed?

Most of the systems I have installed onto since I have moved to Cornwall have been spotless and do not need a power flush, a chemical flush is more than enough and when I've been back to service and clean out the magnacleans they have been lovely and clean.

My point above. My interpretation of a thorough flush is a power flush and not putting a cleaner in and letting the pump circulate it for a while.

Similar plumbing topics

A
I know a couple of lads afraid to riddor...
Replies
Views
There is nowt wrong with jogging bottoms and...
Replies
Views
Hang on a minute! The Agent will be deducting...
Replies
Views
M
Hahaha i remember something about 200ppm but...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back