Going to install a Magnetic filter some help needed identifying pipes | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Going to install a Magnetic filter some help needed identifying pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

you can mention them just cant link to your own site for sales etc

and adey are the only ones i fit unless im tight (space wise) then i use the omega
Shaun all my business to do with mag filters was concluded by 2010 and I have no money
Tied up,in any of the ones I designed and no royalty deals ,
So,I am well able to comment without predudice . In my opinion there are too many on the market and the specification enabling buyers to compare the available ones is flawed. I do not like the magnaclean because it is a cheap poor powered magnet unit mass produced . mr Adey
A plumber just like us designed it and then it got ramped by the likes of bg etc . He made good money and well done and got out .. Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Yeah, I had a magnaclean a few years back that I had to take off to drain part of the system leaving the valves in place. When I came to reattach the actually plastic body to the valves I noticed the thread had gone and would not re-seal. I had to buy a whole new filter!

Yeah, I had a magnaclean a few years back that I had to take off to drain part of the system leaving the valves in place. When I came to reattach the actually plastic body to the valves I noticed the thread had gone and would not re-seal. I had to buy a whole new filter!

Old red label if you phone adey up they will supply you with a new one foc

Old red label if you phone adey up they will supply you with a new one foc
They wanted to charge me enough for a seal set and lid tool for a customer. I told them that the customer felt, like me, that a TF2 was a better solution than the cost of new seals every few years. I wasn't lying either.

They wanted to charge me enough for a seal set and lid tool for a customer. I told them that the customer felt, like me, that a TF2 was a better solution than the cost of new seals every few years. I wasn't lying either.

??

Translation:

Adey wanted to charge me when I enquired on behalf of a customer:

The lid spanner you require is product code BSPN1 – Cost £10.59p and the seal pack is product code SEAPKPRO – Cost £11.50p.

There will also be a delivery charge of £2.95.

In practice, the lid comes undone with grips and the customer told me that my cleaning it and greasing it up seemed to have worked for now, but if it leaked again, he'd just get me to replace it with a better model. I felt £11.50 for three O rings was a lot and that a plastic lid spanner should not be more expensive than a Britool metal spanner.

Translation:

Adey wanted to charge me when I enquired on behalf of a customer:

The lid spanner you require is product code BSPN1 – Cost £10.59p and the seal pack is product code SEAPKPRO – Cost £11.50p.

There will also be a delivery charge of £2.95.

In practice, the lid comes undone with grips and the customer told me that my cleaning it and greasing it up seemed to have worked for now, but if it leaked again, he'd just get me to replace it with a better model. I felt £11.50 for three O rings was a lot and that a plastic lid spanner should not be more expensive than a Britool metal spanner.

Speak to your adey rep / trade days mine gave me a few sets for any of the old ones but I don't touch the red labels any more due to issues

Speak to your adey rep / trade days mine gave me a few sets for any of the old ones but I don't touch the red labels any more due to issues
I doubt I'm big enough game for their interest, to be honest. Only ever bought one Magnaclean, and I prefer the FT2s anyway, so I'm unlikely to ever be an important customer, but thanks for the suggestion.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
Morning All, I have 1800’s farm house 3...
Replies
Views
Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Its a very ingenious but devilishly cunning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There was a single tap causing the issue. We...
Replies
Views
Back