Government free boiler schemes | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Government free boiler schemes in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets rewind a little, screwfix are doing a deal at moment, you pay £700 for the PAS2030, they pay you back, you buy the boiler (must be IQE boiler) they give you this back, with £700 for materials and labour. So you get £700, do the training, get it back, get 1 customer and get your £700 back and £700 extra, use this for next boiler and then you get £700 for boiler and £700 in your pocket. and then every boiler you do, you get £700, make sure it is a straight swap, like for like and you are getting a good days wage. would be good round here as lots of very old boilers and lots of ex council estates, problem is that most of them are back boilers, which take 3-4 days to change properly.

Totally agree but what makes it laughable is that the boiler manufacturer (ideal) is obviously just turning a blind eye to the fact that they aren't, doing any kind of flush etc which when all we hear about is dirty system this and that causing boiler breakdowns, and benchmark schemes .

But if customer is getting free boiler, surely they can pay for magnetic flush as an extra!!

Lets rewind a little, screwfix are doing a deal at moment, you pay £700 for the PAS2030, they pay you back, you buy the boiler (must be IQE boiler) they give you this back, with £700 for materials and labour. So you get £700, do the training, get it back, get 1 customer and get your £700 back and £700 extra, use this for next boiler and then you get £700 for boiler and £700 in your pocket. and then every boiler you do, you get £700, make sure it is a straight swap, like for like and you are getting a good days wage. would be good round here as lots of very old boilers and lots of ex council estates, problem is that most of them are back boilers, which take 3-4 days to change properly.

Its same as b AND Q offer presume they are in king fisher group as well , the b and q deal imho isnt worth the aggro

Totally agree but what makes it laughable is that the boiler manufacturer (ideal) is obviously just turning a blind eye to the fact that they aren't, doing any kind of flush etc which when all we hear about is dirty system this and that causing boiler breakdowns, and benchmark schemes .

It's going to go poo poo when they All go wrong and the scheme guarantor is up the creek without a paddle. I think that by end of next year going to be 5 ads a week on TV and in papers from solicitor s re; miss selling and Ropey assessments. Fines galore ..... But the installers gone bust, doh refer back to finance provider , plums, b&q , they are stuck for duration of finance. All this rubbish and all the paperwork just to make middle man some more money and the energy companies even more. No thanks .

It's going to go poo poo when they All go wrong and the scheme guarantor is up the creek without a paddle. I think that by end of next year going to be 5 ads a week on TV and in papers from solicitor s re; miss selling and Ropey assessments. Fines galore ..... But the installers gone bust, doh refer back to finance provider , plums, b&q , they are stuck for duration of finance. All this rubbish and all the paperwork just to make middle man some more money and the energy companies even more. No thanks .
yes it is same all through kingfisher, but its a great way to get your PAS2030 and then apply to other companies like ideal!!! I thought it is free to customer as long as they qualify

Part 3 is the ECO funding that goes direct to Housing Associations.. - Not got my info yet on how that mechanism is working ....

My mom was fitted a boiler in the last scheme by warm front. Boiler is only 4/5 yrs old, but its problems gallore. I have advised her to change the boiler but she says NO.
system was not flushed during installation. Filter fitted on Flow pipe. she says instead of changing the boiler, she will sue them?

but all that repair work idc is to be looked forward to by the likes of me:)

But if customer is getting free boiler, surely they can pay for magnetic flush as an extra!!
People getting handouts etc will not pay for anything as they haven't the money and aren't been told anyway .

Its same as b AND Q offer presume they are in king fisher group as well , the b and q deal imho isnt worth the aggro

Screwfix ARE B&Q, they are both part of the Kingfisher group

Actually the Energy Companies, aren't making anything on this - they are paying for it...

ECO = Energy Company Obligation

ECO is driven by a set of mandatory targets. For every 1% under their Obligation, an Energy Supplier will be fined approx £50M to £100M, depending upon their market share. So they gotta spend it!!

what they fitting logic or logic plus

Worcester isn't a Worcester Rep - despite a similar name we are NOTHING to do with Worcester Bosch.

I take it it would be the guy who installed it and signed it off who would/could be liable so they are going to take the hit on any comebacks. This scheme is encouraging even worse practices and workmanship than Eaga were famed for.
I've even heard of guys (idiots) being paid £85 a swap doing 10 a week to make a living.
What really really annoys me about this one is the landlords getting their properties done for free and the ease with which they can scam it. Why should we pay to effectively line their pockets by increasing the value of their properties.

Like all things government run, the intention may be good but they balls it up as they haven't a clue.

Actually the Energy Companies, aren't making anything on this - they are paying for it...

ECO = Energy Company Obligation

ECO is driven by a set of mandatory targets. For every 1% under their Obligation, an Energy Supplier will be fined approx £50M to £100M, depending upon their market share. So they gotta spend it!!

utter tripe its just been on t.v that the energy companies are charging £50 per house hold to run this scheme and costs are going to rise as its spiralling out of control.

They are making no money but they are making damn sure the cost of this scheme is passed onto the energy user

Not 100 % sure , believe it's the plus

it's the logic and it's not just a free boiler there getting, I was at a job 2 days ago, the guy got a logic 30, 4 radiators and a tf1 all for free. no clock with the boiler though, nice little earner for me, charged him £120 for a £40 clock, 2 minutes work, easy money & probably more money than the installers got. the quality of the work was pretty bad, system not flushed, no room stat, flue sloping the wrong way so dripping condensate, 3m of 22mm condensate pipe outside, no lagging, no clips etc

Sounds lovely. If flue wrong way u should have filled in some paperwork.

I don't know what you're all worried about. In a few years when 60,000 badly installed pieces of crap start going wrong, we'll be there to fix them/install good boilers!

I don't know what you're all worried about. In a few years when 60,000 badly installed pieces of crap start going wrong, we'll be there to fix them/install good boilers!

Oh joy of joys ! Fixing poor installs for tight landlords and skint home owners. Ground hog day ega?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
I said in another post, heat pumps have been...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Back