Greenstar junior | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Greenstar junior in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone had a fault where the boiler seems to get stuck in pump overrun, fire and go out ( then stay in pump over run for 5 mins) etc before? Had 240v on the pump but it wasn't running, swapped pump even though the fault had nothing to do with a pump running but still playing up.

ext. controls are fine, 240v across lr & ls continuously, but boiler seems to forget the heating is being called for, then wake up for a few seconds, fire, then go out and into pump over run, then eventually fire and run ok?... Very odd. I thought I'd seen it all with these but they never fail to amaze me with how many ways they can break.

must be a board fault but could do with confirmation if poss.

cheers in advance chaps.

Had roughly the same fault last night but that went to lock out after firing, linked out the over heat and it ran a treat, clean system, no rippled hex so i doubt its blocked and not clearing the heat.

replacing it the overheat stat tomorrow night and will see.

dubious to see if it it the stat, but at 7 quid i don't mind having a spare :)

It's a common ish fault ,the one on top of kebab?

From memory two thermisters on top of tinned kebab and one other , they are fairly regular spares along with fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep no lock out at all, sounds like it's been behaving strangely for a while, rads coming on by themselves , poor hot water. When I first got there the pump didn't come on when the heating fired, wiggled wire and that stopped. Just to make matters worse, she's had someone out already but they couldn't pin point and declined the job so not sure what's been touched or taken apart.

Its a really odd one, nothing logical about any of the faults or the fault finding I've been through.

Last edited:
Poor hot water and rads working by emselves?

diverter actuator/valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you checked L-N ? 240 ?
Replies
Views
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
Cheers for your help!
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Wondering if damp is the problem as i=the one...
Replies
Views
John Moncrieff
J
Replies
Views
Back