Worcester over heat on DHW. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester over heat on DHW. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

@Millsy 82. Disagree all you like. Says a lot. If the cost of me repairing is more expensive then a Worcester fix. The options are new boiler or Worcester fix. For example, there is no way a normal engineer can fit a main heat exchanger in a Junior for less then a Worcester fix priced repair.

And mine??

I pretty much said.

Dont give the work to the manufacturers. They dont give it back. Yes if you install 100 Worcestershire a year they will look after you but otherwise they couldn't care less if you get work or not.

Better money going into your pocket than theres.

As for if you cant diagnose it. Speak to tech it's free and if you know what to ask which has been said on this thread you should get to the answer.

@Millsy 82. Disagree all you like. Says a lot. If the cost of me repairing is more expensive then a Worcester fix. The options are new boiler or Worcester fix. For example, there is no way a normal engineer can fit a main heat exchanger in a Junior for less then a Worcester fix priced repair.

Will Worcester pay your mortgage? How about baxi? Vaillant? No none of them will YOU need to earn money as well.

I pretty much said.

Dont give the work to the manufacturers. They dont give it back. Yes if you install 100 Worcestershire a year they will look after you but otherwise they couldn't care less if you get work or not.

Better money going into your pocket than theres.

As for if you cant diagnose it. Speak to tech it's free and if you know what to ask which has been said on this thread you should get to the answer.

I agree it can be a good move to call in the manufacturer for a fix priced repair. I have done it my self but only when I know with out a doubt it'll cost more for me to fix it. It could be very embarrassing if the fault doesn't cost a lot to repair!
With regards to calling Worcester or any other manufacturers it can be hit and miss with them. They might have the answers on a screen in front of them but I'd say not many of them have hands on experience. I might be wrong. It's easy for them to say replace this and that but this and that can cost 100's!
Back to my question though..is there more than 1 DHW thermistor??

I do and the same customers keep coming back even after a fixed price repair because I have saved them money.

What about when your customers want an install do you say Go with Joe blogs plumbing as he will fit you a boiler for £100 where as I will charge you £500 so you save them money then.

What about when your customers want an install do you say Go with Joe blogs plumbing as he will fit you a boiler for £100 where as I will charge you £500 so you save them money then.
They ask me to quote. I quote and tell them to get 2 more in to compare. On a repair I tell them it is this much for me to repair or this much for Worcester and I only do it with Worcester because there boilers are rubbish.

And the fact remains that this thread has been running since Friday and I’m assuming there is no answer yet? With return visits and testing g this is gonna be an expensive bill

This giving jobs to these large companies is utter madness. Why are these jobs so expensive? It's not labour charges its 100-150% mark up on materials from them that make the prices so expensive.

You say it's too expensive hand it over to them they throw parts in that cost them virtually nothing pay someone a pants wage so either way it's a win win for them.

Large companies are ruining the world all in the name of profit and you guys are just handing it over to them.

This giving jobs to these large companies is utter madness. Why are these jobs so expensive? It's not labour charges its 100-150% mark up on materials from them that make the prices so expensive.

You say it's too expensive hand it over to them they throw parts in that cost them virtually nothing pay someone a pants wage so either way it's a win win for them.

Large companies are ruining the world all in the name of profit and you guys are just handing it over to them.
I’m only handing it over to them if I lose the customer and at present I haven’t lost one. It’s a no brainer to help my customer out mate. That’s how I’m built. I will never change.

I think you are entirely missing the point of the argument mate this problem has not been diagnosed with all the advice we have given. because the OP haven’t come back yet we still don’t know if it has been diagnosed if it is something that simple as the plate to plate then of course do it yourself but if it is a bigger problem then you as the engineer don’t want to be the one throwing parts at it in the hope that you repair it

I have to agree to a certain extent as for the most part I've had alot of experience working for BG.
And the number of customers I've had over the years that were referred to BG by their usual plumber/gsr with the "he said it would be cheaper for me to get the fixed price repair by BG" that end up signing up to the homecare maintenance plan (thus leaving their usual guy who saved them the money with the advice out of pocket and one less customer) is a huge percentage.

It's rare that Id go to one that was a fixed price repair job that didn't end up being a maintenance contract sign up.

I think you are entirely missing the point of the argument mate this problem has not been diagnosed with all the advice we have given. because the OP haven’t come back yet we still don’t know if it has been diagnosed if it is something that simple as the plate to plate then of course do it yourself but if it is a bigger problem then you as the engineer don’t want to be the one throwing parts at it in the hope that you repair it

This is the problem, after all the checks I've not pin pointed the fault to be confident enough to start throwing expensive parts at it. Last thing I want to do is replace the plate to plate and find it's not sorted it, then ask for the customer for payment and tell them to get Worcester in. I think I'm going to replace the DHW thermistor ( think there is only one ) as that's not expensive and then run the F5 through it.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they...
Replies
Views
S
Could be Rubbish blocking the pressure gauge and...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
That’s not plumbing advice, that’s gas related...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back