had new boiler fitted, confused as to why they ran the gas pipe the way it is. | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss had new boiler fitted, confused as to why they ran the gas pipe the way it is. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as displays of poor workmanship goes this doesnt make that list at all. Yes it could have been done abit better (and ALOT worse) but at the end of the day its all about working gas pressure at boiler. Without adequate pressure your boiler cant be signed off. So many boilers are put in these days with no regards to gas pipe and pressure. Money down the drain.

If the layout looks that bad then it absolutely does, we can all make an educated guess as to why this particular plumber opted to do this but we also know how little extra it would've taken to do it properly and there's little excuse for that.

If the layout looks that bad then it absolutely does, we can all make an educated guess as to why this particular plumber opted to do this but we also know how little extra it would've taken to do it properly and there's little excuse for that.

The way I see it compliance with regs and manufacturer is above all else, you are there to give someone heating not a display piece for grand designs

The way I see it compliance with regs and manufacturer is above all else, you are there to give someone heating not a display piece for grand designs

I think taking pride in ones work is essential. Not everybody shares that view but in my opinion they're giving quality tradesmen a bad name.

I have to agree with app. Every job should work perfectly and look the dogs dangles. That's what makes good tradesman and also master tradesmen. Although the customer wants everything cheap as chips and done yesterday

Whoever done that run isnt helping me with my argument because as Shaun pointed out its too close to the cable on top of being ugly its not even following the regs

Needs some insulation tape on where it crosses the cable, just to make it look even better lol

I phoned him, after asking on another forum that deals with solar in which they quoted the 25mm limit, he said he would ask his colleague who did the loft side why they did it that way. I said well when I questioned the sanity of going round the second wall I was told because it would require sleeving the pipe twice, I also added if it requires me to go and get a second sleeve at my cost I don't mind. id rather it looked right and doesn't go over DC cables, my sons bedroom ceiling, and round and round in the loft. so hopefully they will come and sort it.

after they change this pipe run it should mean more gas pressure at the boiler, as the run will be shorter.

also doesn't a gas line have to be atleast 25-50mm away from any elec line ;)

This is taken from the electricians on-site guide
" Gas installation pipe work should be at least 25mm away from electrical switches sockets and electrical supply and distribution cables"
It then says something about this being taken from BS6891:2014

The electrical regs also say that if you are unable to comply with the 25mm rule then you are allowed to wrap the part of the pipe which crosses within 25mm with an insulating material (tape).

The electrical regs also say that if you are unable to comply with the 25mm rule then you are allowed to wrap the part of the pipe which crosses within 25mm with an insulating material (tape).

Not gas regs tho needs to have space and don't forget it's mains cable (feeding back into the mains ) so same rules as the dno

That depends at which end of that cable the inverter is fitted. If fitted in the loft then cable is AC

Its DC so not mains AC.

Ac as inverter will be in the loft else they would of used solar cable if it was from the panels and not swa

its DC as I had the inverter fitted in the garage. there is an isolator for the DC in the loft.

as far as I'm concerned people who install inverters in lofts are daft/stupid. the things can get proper roasting on a sunny day as it is without being put in the loft oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Back