halstead best boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss halstead best boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
need help with unusual boiler problem boiler wont turn off even with programme removed ! it's an old system with gravity hot water & pumped heating no zone valve . sounds electrical had external wiring checked ,changed ignition pcb & aquastat pcb not a lot left to change any ideas welcomed

Have you checked the mi's? Looks like this boiler may incorporate some kind of pump overrun? If you've replaced the aquastat pcb the 'jumper' needs to be in the right place for gravity hot water :)

thanks diamondgas, yes boiler does have a pump over run the jumper as you say is in the right place for gravity hot water . gone through the mi's all the fault flow charts are for the boiler not working even phoned there tech help line for 30 mins all they could tell me is this cant happen ! I have been plumbing for 30 yrs & never had a boiler i coundn't fix but this one has me stumped !

Does sound a strange one ... Is the polarity the right? I'd be removing all/any external switch lives and see if the boiler fires up. I've had fused o'heat stats on different boilers override any programmers and keep burners running. You could try disconnecting the live to permanent live to the boiler and see if that stops it firing? A couple of ways to at leas eliminate the source yeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Back