Have I been over charged for sink work? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Have I been over charged for sink work? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Atthebar - you should of took pictures of what happened before the plumber comes out.

Sorry but the plumber is going to favour the landlord as he'll be getting a bit of work off him

Most of these problems are common sense and i never got taught how to do these just figured it out by myself.

This problem i would say is the landlords fault as its wear and tear, the screw could of been corroded or anything. You should of asked for the old screw, seals for proof for yourself

To be fair I'd never think to take a photo of something as minor and a loose waste fitting and I wouldn't ask to keep the slimy thing. It's all well and good telling the open its common sense and they should have fixed it themselves but they rent the property so the onus is on the landlord to repair reasonable damage through wear and tear.
I think I've just worked out why I don't make much off the property I let.

Just to let you all know and thanks for your comments, I got this sorted last night. I asked the landlady if I could get the receipt and she said her husband dealt with it. I asked which company they used, again she had no answer. She seemed taken aback that said I would get a second opinion and that I would confirm how it happened. As I spoke directly to plumbers and they told me this could happen on it's own and I would confirm this and it seemed they knew they were in the wrong. She stated that we seemed a little angry when she viisited us and we spouted legal stuff. I said, no, we said that because we received a text from your partner stating it was our responsibility before even looking at the issue. So I stated what else could we do. It was all left amicable and we have moved on and said how we should deal with this in the future. Great stuff!!!

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Gas Safe have limited powers and they act on...
Replies
Views
Back