HEAT EXCHANGER IS STEEL MUCH BETTER boiler advice needed | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss HEAT EXCHANGER IS STEEL MUCH BETTER boiler advice needed in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may find you don't get the extended warranty if you supply it yourself.

was looking to buy myself as found some people want to fit whats best for them not me,

however if go ATAG route have to buy from approved heating engineer, atm unsure of what cost is as looking at a IC Economiser
Don’t buy yourself it’s always more hassle. Plus your fitter is under no obligation to help if you have teething problems. Get some more quotes and specify what boiler you’d like. You are the customer after all

will do when i find best boiler i then will look for accredited fitter,

baxi platinum is still coming up top of list with plumbers in my area,

I’ll save you a lot of effort mate you ask 20 plumbers on here you will likely get 15-20 different makes suggested. Personally speaking I would prefer to have an installer who knows their product and can set it up properly rather than turning up to fit what the customer has bought. Just my opinion but if you aren’t going to listen to your local installers recommendations then it’s really finger in the wind. For my money I would fit Vaillant or Glowworm, I find their aftersales support Excellent (I know some on here will argue differently) and I can only speak about the experiences I’ve had. They are good to work on and parts are readily available when out of warranty. I think we can all tell you what makes to avoid but the decision is ultimately yours.

Just priced an Atag ic35 economiser, £1095 +vat, includes foc flue.

understand i have to listen to engineers but i just dont fancy a baxi, all i get told is they the bmws of boilers maybe in NE they all where trained in baxi

Atag are meant to be the nuts. not personally registered with them but a few local installers swear by them. I personally fit vaillant or glowworm. wouldn't contemplate fitting a baxi. aftersales is poor in my opinion.

i know dad has a baxi and its failed every year from being 2 year old but been fixed as he now has breakdown cover, That seems a cheap rice for a ATAG was told they over £600 more than a baxi platinum.

awating a fitter to get back to me who apparently does ATAG

only ever seen 1 intergas boiler. customer said it had never brokedown. I think ive just been sticking to what I know.

I've counted the moving parts in my vaillant and count 4. Pump,fan,gas valve and pressure guage.
Hi Jajodu, you forgot about the diverter which is the most unreliable moving part. I have 4 Vailant Tubro Max and on average have had to replace 2 diverters every year.

Hi Jajodu, you forgot about the diverter which is the most unreliable moving part. I have 4 Vailant Tubro Max and on average have had to replace 2 diverters every year.

Something's wrong if your replacing them twice a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
Worcester Bosch - Vaillant - Baxi - Potterton
Replies
Views
Back