Heat only boilers and confusion | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heat only boilers and confusion in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

As we said fella we weren’t having a go and we all have to learn somewhere Do you have any guys with experience that you can call upon

Thats what you need mate. Also I know it’s a bit of a backwards way of doing it But try registering with your local college on an introduction to a Plumbing and you can learn all about the background to the systems

There's never a daft question as far as i'm concerned.

Better to ask and be wiser/safer for it instead of just plowing on ahead without a scooby and making needless mistake's or worse injuring yourself or others.

(Been there and got tee-shirt from it, came off a lot lighter in the pocket so always aware now.
Also some customer's are sneaky bar-stewards and can cause mysterious leaks/damage so a few phot's if working somewhere new is always a good move.)

Every day is a school day as far as i'm concerned & as long as you keep an inquisitive mind and are switched on there is always something new to learn.

Cheer's,

Andy

Forgot to add, if you can look inside a "heat only" boiler beside a "system boiler" you will immediately see the piping difference's and logic to the layout which helps to put the theory in context.

Old scrappy or removed boilers can let you tinker to your hearts content without worry about damage or if you have some spare bits leftover when you are learning.

I personally only fit a system boiler if I lack space to fit an external pump expansion vessel etc. In the future it's generally easier and cheaper to replace external parts. On oil I would fit a system boiler as Grant's are awkward and have 2.5 bar pressure reliefs.

Yes you can fit most heat only boilers to most vented/unvented cylinders etc.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks, so if it can not be accessed from...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Thanks Chuck. It sounds like a person was...
Replies
Views
Back