Heat resistant paste?? | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heat resistant paste?? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys
What do you guys use when having to solder close to plastics? Are the pastes any good or not? If so, what products are they?
Cheers

The ac stuff is very good I’ve used it a few times with in 4” of mlcp and all good

Big ball of it on the pipe eg clump it on solder it / do your thing cool the joint with a wet towel and remove the paste/ compound as it will stat to transfer the heat back etc

Around 1980, I was working in ICI Seal Sands. The ICI project manager asked us test a new compound which insulated heat transfer along the pipe. He said he had obtained it from NASA. We were to stress relieve the joint on a joint between the pipe and a valve. It worked, absolutely incredable, today we would say space technology, and it was.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yep spot on
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Plumbers mate will do the job better. it's a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply. I didn’t get a photo...
Replies
Views
Back