Heating and hot water keeps turning on and off please help | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heating and hot water keeps turning on and off please help in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

D

Deleted member 100065

Having problems, heating and hot water turn on then off then on over and over.
I am a totally unqualified but have a bit of sense.
When it goes off our "honey we'll st9400c" goes completely blank, then seconds later it turns on again, over and over.
I have noticed a red contraption which I think is a pump or some kind of power thingy. It is an "alpha2 l", this keeps turning off the it lights up with power and has full bars decreasing to zero, then sometimes it stays on for 20 seconds, sometimes 5 seconds, then turns off - this makes the honey well contraption above, turn off. Then it repeats over and over.
Can anyone help?
Recently had a boiler service and they said my boiler was in perfect shape.

View attachment 15389376650982563180701270697108.jpg

Isolate the power to the whole system,

Undo the screws below the programmer (Honeywell St... )

Take a picture of the back plate and the wiring guide upload it here.

You will need two short pieces of wire to loop the connections.

Or alternatively you could get yourself a new programmer like for like and install it.

Isolate the power to the whole system,

Undo the screws below the programmer (Honeywell St... )

Take a picture of the back plate and the wiring guide upload it here.

You will need two short pieces of wire to loop the connections.

Or alternatively you could get yourself a new programmer like for like and install it.
Hi I bought a new unit and swapped the faces, all works perfectly now, no wiring required. Phew. Thanks for all of the advice everyone.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Have you checked your hot water schedule? It...
Replies
Views
peter challinor
P
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Plate to plate Sorry to say gas engineers job
Replies
Views
Heating will run until hot gets up to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
Back