Heating to Conservatory/Sun room | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Heating to Conservatory/Sun room in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice, recently got my conservatory roof converted to metal tile and ceiling with roof void insulation added. Now looking to see what heating is best.
I have a small single panel 400mm wide radiator in adjacent downstairs toilet that would be easy to tee off the flow and return and straight through the wall in to the conservatory to add radiator. However someone mentioned to me that the radiators won't heat properly or work as efficient. Could anyone advise what would happen to both rads if this was done. The new rad would need to be a decent size to heat 12 square metre conservatory.

My other option is to look at coming away from central heating and installing electric heaters.

Any advise would be most appreciated.

You would need to tee off the larger bore flow and return carcass. Not just off the rails of an existing radiator. Assuming the tails are 15mm they will only carry xxkw of heat. If you tee off instantly you cut this kilowattage in half between two radiators. Depending on the construction and heat loss of your conservatory it may need to be on its own zone with a thermostat control. It could be that wet central heating is not suitable full stop

You need a fan convector type radiator but it will need its own run of pipework off the heating flow and return not just teed of another rad , myson fan convectors are worth consideration. Cheers kop

This seems like a learning curve for me but....why isn't wet central heating ok??? also I would definitely tee off a 400mm wide rad to feed say a 1000mm....have done in the past. no problems with heat loss???? and saves major upheaveil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Well that's probably part of the main issue...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back