Hello all from Dave- Liverpool | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter davemoorenipper
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 2K

Discuss Hello all from Dave- Liverpool in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davemoorenipper

Hello, am actually an electrician, recently moved over to Testing - but exploring possibility of training as a Gas Safe Tester (is it possible to just go down the testing route? ie just learn the Testing side of business?

Any advice over way to go about it appreciated.Thanks Dave

Hello and welcome. I served my time as a sparks way back when. But its not that easy to get registered for gas without ticking all the boxes which can take time and the obvious

Hi Dave

Welcome to the forums
unfortunately you can not just do a testing course,good job too,as you need a good knowledge to do the inspections

imho

Yes that makes sense, but just want to know what I need to know-enough to ensure safety- (too long in the tooth for knowing the ins& outs of everything) not really interested in installing.Same story with my trade of 30+ years thats why I have moved over to just testing& inspecting for electrical as there is a lot less hassle! Thanks anyway

I was looking to do some inspecting for brain surgeons, you know, make sure they have done a good job, scalpel not left in head etc etc. But apparently it takes years to understand the ins and outs of the human brain, so I've had to knock that one on the head (pardon the pun).

Thanks for your effort bronz- but doesn't answer my query.

I was looking to do some inspecting for brain surgeons, you know, make sure they have done a good job, scalpel not left in head etc etc. But apparently it takes years to understand the ins and outs of the human brain, so I've had to knock that one on the head (pardon the pun).

i wouldnt worry, i picked it up quickly, ive read some books, did an online course and now do brain surgery at weekends for mates and family. i just take on small brains for now but will when i build up my confidence ill try my hand on clever people

Cheers fuzzy!

Am worldly wise & sadly you meet 'prima-donnas' in every walk of life- in my experience ex-spurts have the least to offer,I suppose it takes all sorts to make a world.

no its not possible to learn only testing, dont think there are any jobs for just testers

not sure which experts you refer to but working with gas requires a professional and experienced approach that cannot be gained quickly or easily.

does that answer your question?

ps. i was only kidding about the brain surgery, i dont dont do family and friends............. i stick to just friends for now, dont wanna risk it on family yet;)

Question answered thanks!

-I was referring to Bronzs sarcastic statement .
Maybe he will 'take it on board' but somehow I doubt it......-we shall see.

Thanks again

I doubt it also, my response reflected the sensibility of the question.

I doubt it also, my response reflected the sensibility of the question.
From a moderators point of view the question seemed perfectly sensible and most people answered in a more considered and appropriate way. If you can't so that then don't answer the question at all. We are supposed to be part of a "friendly" set of forums, comments like yours aren't along those lines!!!

I generally find humour to be very friendly, and it is generally received well on here from other regular posters, like those who appreciated my sarcasm above, which I must admit is the lowest form of wit, but in my opinion the funniest.

I'm a great believer in "ask a silly question, get a silly response". My post was neither offensive or insulting to the OP in my humble opinion. Your concept of friendly and silly will no doubt differ from mine and and many others.

I generally find humour to be very friendly, and it is generally received well on here from other regular posters, like those who appreciated my sarcasm above, which I must admit is the lowest form of wit, but in my opinion the funniest.

I'm a great believer in "ask a silly question, get a silly response". My post was neither offensive or insulting to the OP in my humble opinion. Your concept of friendly and silly will no doubt differ from mine and and many others.

Your response was sufficient to make a new member feel unwelcome.. So please think before you post.. if you did not want to offer advice to the OP then you should have left the thread alone... simple as that..

So stick to the rules and all will be fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
The "Y" plan valve is probably stuck in the CH...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Back