Hello all! | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter charitynjw
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1K

Discuss Hello all! in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charitynjw

Hi everyone!

Just testing

(Tried to post a minute ago, but computer said no! :()

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hi charitynjw and welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk!

Yeeesss! - Up & running!!

I stumbled across you guys (& girls?) while searching on-line for a good 'A'-rated wall-mounted b/f blr to replace an existing Thorn M f/s (approx 20kW). Minimal resiting, & drainage (condensate) not a problem. Existing o/v S-plan.
Probably eligible for scrappage scheme, & having been in the industry (but out of the loop for a couple of years), I would prefer value for money & reliability over 'cheap'.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Yeeesss! - Up & running!!

I stumbled across you guys (& girls?) while searching on-line for a good 'A'-rated wall-mounted b/f blr to replace an existing Thorn M f/s (approx 20kW). Minimal resiting, & drainage (condensate) not a problem. Existing o/v S-plan.
Probably eligible for scrappage scheme, & having been in the industry (but out of the loop for a couple of years), I would prefer value for money & reliability over 'cheap'.
Any advice would be appreciated.

you cant buy a bf condenser,they are all ff now,baxi duo tec,platinum,potterton gold all good boilers the plat costs more than the duo tec because it has a 5 year warrenty but same boiler as duo and gold but they are all pressurised system boilers do work better though

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply.
I should have said room-sealed (I was around when b/f appliances first came out - old habits die hard lol).
I'm a bit wary of fitting an unvented boiler as the existing pipework/rads are ancient as well, but are ok on open-vented. (I don't relish the thought of having to sort out a million little leaks!)
I've heard good words about Rehema? blrs - any thoughts?
As before, all advice gratefully received

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
Hello from Hampshire and starting bathroom...
Replies
Views
Thank you very much for those details. We're...
Replies
Views
M
I usually check them over on a boiler service...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've just read your thread. Most decent...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there Thanks for posting..# What sort of...
Replies
Views
Back