Hello Everyone, new member | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter DemC
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1K

Discuss Hello Everyone, new member in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DemC

Hi everyone,
Just joined this forum and found it to be very helpful already.
I have been a plumber for about eight years and a year ago I became Gas Safe Registered, originally from London but now living in Essex( Witham). Thinking about going out on my own as not to many firms taking people on at moment, any advice?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate. welcome along. You'll find this place really useful, I have. I went self employed last september, was forced into it really as I was made redundant. But it has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I do sub contract work mon-fri and pick up my own bits and bobs inbetween and am building myself up nicely. I look at what the self employed market is like round your way theres no point in doing it if there is loads of plumbers/gas fitters already struggling.

Good luck

Tom

Hi Tom. Thanks for the advice, like you I was made redundant last year, what was the best way of going about getting sub-contract work.
Cheers
Derren

Hi DemC

Welcome to the forums

Hopefully you can get involved with a post of three :p:)

Hi mate. welcome along. You'll find this place really useful, I have. I went self employed last september, was forced into it really as I was made redundant. But it has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I do sub contract work mon-fri and pick up my own bits and bobs inbetween and am building myself up nicely. I look at what the self employed market is like round your way theres no point in doing it if there is loads of plumbers/gas fitters already struggling.

Good luck

Tom

I signed up with a few agencies and found contract work that way. With hindsight I would have gone direct to firms to sub to them as the agencies take a cut of what you earn. I am in the process of ditching the agency at the minute so they don't get their grubby little hands on my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
So I had this somewhat bizarre reply fro BES...
Replies
Views
Is the gas pipe magnetic?
Replies
Views
Back