Help deciding on new boiler combi | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help deciding on new boiler combi in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Steve. Think I will go for the pro unless he can bring the price down a little. What so think about paying £400 extra for a Worcester 34cdi over the pro?

Cheers Steve. Think I will go for the pro unless he can bring the price down a little. What so think about paying £400 extra for a Worcester 34cdi over the pro?
I would go for the 34CDi and make sure he is accredited so you get a 7 year P+L warranty!
Thats my take on it as we only fit WB, everyone has their own preference as with cars, all have positives and negatives.
IMHO I would have a 831 over the pro any day, maybe you may be able to negotiate this down to £250 difference over pro......go with the installer who gives you most confidence, and question their aftercare too, good luck.

Why pay £400 more for a boiler which is made from cheaper, inferior materials? Don't bother.

I'd go for the 831 but I'd express your concerns over the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
An extra 2 years warranty? Better customer service? £400 more shop around!

That's all they have going for them.

I'd rather buy a boiler that gave me a better chance of not needing customer services. £400 is the deal offered by his plumber. For the money, I'd take the 831.

That's all they have going for them.

I'd rather buy a boiler that gave me a better chance of not needing customer services. £400 is the deal offered by his plumber. For the money, I'd take the 831.

No beef with the 831 as long as the system is spotless, seen quite a few with noisy heat exchangers, and blocked rubber hoses before they rubber hoses were upgraded, small bore is the main problem with them if water is not gin clear and treated!
WB 5 heat heat ex far more tolerant in this way, been around 12 years now from HE now CDi guise

Decided to go with the plumber offering the Vaillants and take the Pro28 to save £380. I'll ask about doing the Plus cheaper and might take that if he can do it for only £250 more but otherwise will be happy with the Pro. He can fit it in the next fortnight so I'll qualify for the 5 year warranty on either.

Decided to go with the plumber offering the Vaillants and take the Pro28 to save £380. I'll ask about doing the Plus cheaper and might take that if he can do it for only £250 more but otherwise will be happy with the Pro. He can fit it in the next fortnight so I'll qualify for the 5 year warranty on either.
Thanks for the update.....push for the 831 discounted a bit.....let us have an update on how you get on pal

Right. I've got the price down to an extra £300 instead of £380, and this is the best price he can do he says. Is the 831 worth the £300 or should I save it and stick with the Pro28???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Main eco, Baxi 600 or 800 5, 7 or 10 years...
Replies
Views
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Back