Help for Halstead Best 60 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help for Halstead Best 60 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abc11156

Web mater, please delete all my posts and photo. Thanks.

Attachments

• boiler22.jpg
    boiler22.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all replies. I am an electrician. I fully understand the importance of safety. I never touch the gas parts. Due to some reasons, I opened the cover.

I think I can easily change a PC board if faulty. That's why I post this.

Sorry mate. If you understood safety you wouldn't be in this predicament. The fan removes the products of combustion and is a major one of the safety related components. Isolate it and call a gsr. Please!

It's nice to see that gas safety week is having such a huge effect! That's my money well spent then!

What is it with people touching and think they can do GSR jobs? Do they honestly think we spent all the time learning and working on appliances just for the hell of it ... Crazy!

My son accidently turned the boiler on while we removed the out cover. The two wires to the fan motor are damaged and got short circuit by fire. The in-line fuse gone. After I separated the two wires and replaced the fuse, the boiler does not work. According to the Menu, there should be either 1V or 10V(DC) at terminal 1. However, no voltage reading. At terminal 10, reading is 230v (AC)

Thanks for your help.

Honestly abc1156 post a request here [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL] or contact someone gas safe registered! Give your son a clip around the ear too for potentially killing himself sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!! :)

Thanks for all replies. I am an electrician. I fully understand the importance of safety. I never touch the gas parts. Due to some reasons, I opened the cover.

Why did you remove the cover?

Did you realise this is a important part of the appliance too?

as already said, please please get a competant gsr in, the boiler needs fixing and once this is done it needs testing to confirm its safe to use, your lucky it didnt go through wall.

I am trying to explain this.....

OK. We are in an issue with someone in another country (The boiler is not in UK). I opened the cover under instruction from a UK plumber to take some photos.

Anyway, my son has already got a lesson.

I am trying to get help from all of you because I called some local plumbers and they want to charge us 400 for a PC board. You know the cost for a board is around 100 in the UK. This is the reason why I am trying to sort out the problem if it is a board problem. I am still calling more plumbers to see if I can get a reasonable price.

Thanks again to everybody.

OK. We are in an issue with someone in another country (The boiler is not in UK). I opened the cover under instruction from a UK plumber to take some photos.

Anyway, my son has already got a lesson.

I am trying to get help from all of you because I called some local plumbers and they want to charge us 400 for a PC board. You know the cost for a board is around 100 in the UK. This is the reason why I am trying to sort out the problem if it is a board problem. I am still calling more plumbers to see if I can get a reasonable price.

Thanks again to everybody.

You can't just put a board on and that's it, you have to test for safety after working on the appliance, you have got no option but to pay a qualified gsr engineer now mate.
Do you even know how to test the case is making a good seal? Do you know how to gas rate or take gas pressures, have you got the equipment to carry out these checks? Switch it off and leave it switched off mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I thought that Croppie was exaggerating when this thread was mentioned in another forum.
My mistake.

But you have not only removed the cover, you have also removed the combustion chamber. It is down right dangerous what you have done. People like you don't realise that Methane is an extremely volatile gas; if not kept under control you will feel the full force. As you may already know, in this country it is unlawful to do what you have done, so why ask for advice in this country?

If you are in Ireland and not RGI then you have opened the door to a penalty of up to €15,000 and / or 6 months in jail.

The price of the part in the UK is not an excuse for breaking the law, there are over 2,500 registered gas installers on the RGII register get another quote there is plenty of competition.

That said you must tell the contractor exactly what you did so he / she can make sure the boiler is fully safe, RGI's are not mind readers and do not expect customers to have dismantled the boiler prior to calling them.

I request this thread is left as it is (locked) so if I hear of an incident involving a similar boiler in Ireland it may be used in evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
As above, remove toilet and new pan connector...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
That looks like excessive wear on the housing...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back