Help. Oftec engineer did not register my boiler installation | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help. Oftec engineer did not register my boiler installation in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

W

Worried vendor

Help. I am trying to sell my house and just discovered from local searches that my plumber - who WAS Oftec registered when he installed the boiler did not register it!! 😡.
He is no longer oftec registered and having spoken to oftec myself on Friday, they said the only option I have is to contact the labc. I pressume this would be to obtain regularisation building regs?
What options do I have?
Do I have any comeback on oftec because their ‘competent’ engineer did not do his job properly? (Although the boiler works fine I have to say)
Can I get another oftec engineer in to certify someone else’s work and get it registered that way?
Do I just get a safety check done by oftec engineer and buy an indemnity policy re buildings regs?
Or finally, can an oftec engineer uninstall and reinstall the boiler so he can self certify the installation and get registered properly?
I am so furious as used an oftec registered engineer and am now in this predicament!! 😡.
Ant help or guidance gratefully appreciated. J

Most will just require a safety cert to confirm safe but depends how much of a pita the other solicitor/ Buyers want off they may use that

Most will just require a safety cert to confirm safe but depends how much of a pita the other solicitor/ Buyers want off they may use that

Thanks for reply. Tbh I don’t think they’ll want to try and negotiate, I just want to get it sorted for them. I’d want it sorting if I was buying.
I just don’t understand why oftec won’t help when he was registered with them and I have all the cd10 and cd11 at time of installation but he ‘thought it had been notified’ when in fact it hadn’t. As a normal customer I didn’t know I needed all these certificates. I was relying on my oftec engineer to do whatever it is that’s needed.
If I was to have it uninstalled and reinstalled so it can be properly registered, is this cust likely to be higher than an indemnity and safety check?

Similar plumbing topics

hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back