HELP: Pressurised/Unvented cylinder - No hot water, central heating works fine | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss HELP: Pressurised/Unvented cylinder - No hot water, central heating works fine in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

The safety valve aka pressure relief valve appears to be there (red thing) but if it does in fact relieve itself it will discharge water directly into your house roughly south of the red valve. It is supposed to discharge water outside (in a safe manner, i.e. so not to scold anyone ), also there is supposed to be a device below the red thing so you can visually check for evidence of discharge. Your property is currently at risk from water damage as is.

yea is that prv just open ended or IS IT CAPPED OFF ? I worry
both are wrong capped off is really bad

That is a bloody good point!
I think looking at the last photo that the P&T relief valve has the internal compression nut showing and hopefully it is not a 1/2” blanking plug. :eek:

It's not blanked off it's a nut and olive but the nut is externally threaded

eeekkk, best op take a blow up of the PRV for us to muster. Never seen a blanked off PRV (whats the point) ,so it would be a first..

I have seen one brand new unvented install that the plumber screwed a small lever valve directly into the pressure relief of the combination valve (which was also installed near base of cylinder). He also joined the D2 at tundish to 15mm copper and just run it out through wall at first floor level. Bizarre.
I think I read somewhere that unvented units sold in U.K. must come from factory with their P&T relief valve already fitted on cylinder. I suppose this is to ensure they are safe from exploding to make them idiot proof.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Thermostat changed... With the new one, it...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Back