Help required what do i need to be a plumber!!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help required what do i need to be a plumber!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wini, can you actually do any form of plumbing work already?

Qualifications aside, if you can get by with a blow lamp, there's tons of work out there for anyone who's willing to actually do it. My advice, if you can do the job, is to get some work in either by advertising online, or by getting a leaflet firm to put you some leaflets out. Once the phone starts ringing, and it will, you could get a plumber to work with you to give you some experience til you find your feet. We all had to start somewhere and I'm a very firm believer that you will only get out what you're willing to put in. You're clearly willing, or you wouldn't be here.
I personally work about 18 hours a day and do about 5/6 jobs a day. As a side note, anyone who tells you there's no work out there is either retarded or scared that you'll do better than them! In my opinion obviously.
If you PM me your number and when you're ready to take on work, I can pass on any enquiries from your area to you. We get national enquiries and can't cover the majority of what comes in from farther afield than the northwest. It is only emergency work though, but it pays well.

Best of luck pal!

right then i just want to add something about the whole 'no quals required to legally trade as a plumber' statements being bandied about.

while this may be true (it is) do not under any circumstances pick up a spanner in anger without a completed level 2 including nvq. the reason for this is public liability insurance. god forbid you ever need to claim but should the need arise and they get wind that you hold no quals they will shyte you down the river. leaving you with a bill that may mean working for years to pay off. essentially you would be unable to provide any certificates therefore classed as self taught which is 'a lay person' trading as a proffessional. likely as not the story would wind up in the local rag.

right then i just want to add something about the whole 'no quals required to legally trade as a plumber' statements being bandied about.

while this may be true (it is) do not under any circumstances pick up a spanner in anger without a completed level 2 including nvq. the reason for this is public liability insurance. god forbid you ever need to claim but should the need arise and they get wind that you hold no quals they will shyte you down the river. leaving you with a bill that may mean working for years to pay off. essentially you would be unable to provide any certificates therefore classed as self taught which is 'a lay person' trading as a proffessional. likely as not the story would wind up in the local rag.
Totally agree kay-jay but do you think the vast majority worry about insurance ?

This thread is just over 2 years old now, it would be interesting to know how the OP has got on ?
Did he make it as a plumber does anyone know, lame?

You need 6129 for the knowledge and confidence to get the job done to be self employed but don't attempt a job that you think might to big you just take the time to learn the practical side this forum will help you best thing is try to enjoy what your doing it alleviates the stress of the business side of things

Ring HMRC and get a UTR number.
Voila! You are self employed.
Get a CSCS card and you.Can then work as a sub contractor for a plumbing firm/agency.

Totally agree kay-jay but do you think the vast majority worry about insurance ?

This thread is just over 2 years old now, it would be interesting to know how the OP has got on ?
Did he make it as a plumber does anyone know, lame?

I know nothing........... :) apart from the fact this thread is ancient

Ha didn't realise that either bloody thread necromancers

That's how nice we are on here, someone signs up, asks.a question, reads the advice then fks off, and we're still discussing it three years later lol

That's how nice we are on here, someone signs up, asks.a question, reads the advice then fks off, and we're still discussing it three years later lol

thats the welsh for you, lose a match and go and find an old thread to restart :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Jamaica I’m in, upon Thames - not so interested…
Replies
Views
Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
N
  • Article
grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system...
Replies
Views
Nelly72
N
Finally got an update from him. He cant do the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Let them supply and fit , then it’s their...
Replies
Views
Back