help with a troublesome ariston | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help with a troublesome ariston in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have been having some issues with a microgenus 24he. Been giving a A77 fault code intermittently, every time I go there it is fine and all the problems relating to A77 test ok. Condense clear, sensor on the recuperator giving the correct resistance. Continuity on the leads from the sensor ok. So have been at a bit of a loss as to the problem, now I am due to go back there tomorrow, but I got a call earlier to say the A77 fault has stopped and now its throwing a A01 fault, which is ignition failure. According to the customer it works first off, then when it drops out it wont come on again and goes to lockout. Does anyone have any ideas, or experienced anything similar with these boilers?

These have a very common fault with ignition failure. If I remember correctly they'll run for a short while, but the ignition electrodes will continuously and randomly spark and eventually lock out. Pretty much always leads to the PCB, except the one time the cause was a dirty burner, the bar that the sensing electrode was sat on was blocked and there was no flame to detect.

I've also had problems with a01 faults on quite a few of these and initially replaced electrodes etc then spoke to one of their warranty engineers after repeated probs and they go straight for the board first. Since then I've always checked electrodes for spark gap, cracks etc an as long as they look ok replace the pcb

I went to look at the boiler today and I was there for 1 1/2 hours and it would not lock out at all. Could not see a problem with it, good spark and it was lighting up instantly. I really don't want to order a pcb without ruling out everything else. What were the symptoms when you ended up replacing the pcb?

Unfortunately my symptoms where intermittent A01 faults and I've had quite a lot. First I replaced checked replaced electrodes as precautions then spark generator and leads, then spoke to manufactures who said it's a common board fault, but since I check electrodes etc and if ok replace pcb

why replace the electrodes first? a continuity test normally rules them out if its continually sparking and not seeing detection then the boards shot but this faults not normally intermittent what does A77 relate to in the guide? i have also had 1 boiler with a failed pcb with this code IIRC

I have been there again today and its working fine still.

A77 is a condense problem. Either blocked condense, failed sensor by the fan on the recuperator and some funny little pcb that is linked to the sensor on the recuperator.

It is starting to annoy me as I have never seen it go wrong so its impossible for me to say what is wrong with it. I don't just want to fit a new pcb without ruling out everything else first.

I have been there again today and its working fine still.

A77 is a condense problem. Either blocked condense, failed sensor by the fan on the recuperator and some funny little pcb that is linked to the sensor on the recuperator.

It is starting to annoy me as I have never seen it go wrong so its impossible for me to say what is wrong with it. I don't just want to fit a new pcb without ruling out everything else first.
IIRC,the conden pcb can be bypassed for testing purposes,you would have to speak to ariston though

The A77 fault has stopped now it seems, the only fault they are getting is the A01 fault code. It just never goes wrong when I am there, which is incredibly frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Take it back to the shop.
Replies
Views
If its not rectifying it will stop in seconds...
Replies
Views
Gas Safe Registered? If so send your details...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Baxi do a fixed price repair around 300 I...
Replies
Views
Back