help with analouge multimeter to check boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help with analouge multimeter to check boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ljgarrett

ive never used a mutimeter and i need to check the continuity on a boilers pressure switch and the flame sense electrode.i know where the connections are on the pcb.i just dont know how to use the multimeter.please can someone help me with a idiots guide,many thanks lee:confused:

right leads in meter put it on loop x100 loop impeadance or a upside down u sign touch the needles together the dial should shoot up

right thats continuity on a detection lead or ignition for that matter touch the tip of the electrode with one lead the other end of wire cable with the other lead if the needle shoots up you have proved continuity in other words theres no brakes in that part if the needle does not move then that leads faulty BUT allways do a continuty test on the meter and leads first to make sure there working and the meter must be on this setting before you start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
G
If its not producing heat then it's not firing...
Replies
Views
That looks like excessive wear on the housing...
2 3
Replies
Views
As above it’s an overheating noise
Replies
Views
Back