Help with bleeding oil burner | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help with bleeding oil burner in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being new i don't mind going back two times.
its leading to more recommendations

most folks would prefer it fixed first time round, that will get even more recommendations

Wonder what oftec rules would say to cleaning a boiler full of soot? :smile:

Question :-
You go to a pressure jet oil boiler that is very heavily sooted. Do you....

(a) Jump into your van & drive away.

(b) Carefully vacumn & brush the shell.

(c) Carelessly vacumn it, bursting the bag & empty the vacumn inside customers bin when they aren't looking.

(d) Raise the burner air setting, start the boiler, putting loads of half burned soot into the atmosphere & over the neighbouring clothes lines.

most folks would prefer it fixed first time round, that will get even more recommendations

The boiler gets cleaned as thoroughly as possible. Oil pressure gets checked and reset then the air gets set with the smoke gun.

You want to stick your nice expensive fga into a boiler that could still be blowing particles about? You go ahead big lad.

Me, I'd rather keep the costs of fga repairs down and return a few days later for a second check.

The punter gets this fully explained.

Experience suggests that people dont mind a second visit as long as they have heating and hot water between the visits. I like the boiler to have run a while then re visit to adjust the combustion. As long as its explained to the cust then they arent too bothered.

As you say Croppie, just what I thought. No point cleaning every last speck off everything - To do it fully would take more time than a second visit anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

As you radiators are working normally and...
Replies
Views
Update: I couldn't get hold of a heating...
Replies
Views
Camray 5 should be a combi. Has the hsa3cd...
Replies
Views
The connection of the HT leads shouldn't...
Replies
Views
I suspect you would need to replace the whole...
Replies
Views
Back