help with boiler settings etc etc please :-) | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help with boiler settings etc etc please :-) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about loft insulation and your windows ? why not move ?

That's just not very helpful is it!!!!!! We've got a dog and spent quite a while finding a landlord that would except a dog, it's close to work, lovely neighbours etc etc so moving not an option-just after advice on how to make savings on energy usage

So you get up just after the heating comes on - can't be very warm then - and leave the house just when it's reached the desired temperature.

Then it comes on an hour before you arrive home - that means it should be warmer - but goes off half an hour after you arrive home. Why?

Then it comes on at 8:00pm, presumably because you are feeling the cold. and goes off at 9.30pm; I assume you go to bed early because you have to get up early.

It just doesn't make sense.

It's not a case of leaving the heating on all day, but being sensible with your times. Which programmer and room thermostat do you have?

PS If you garage is unheated the house has four outside walls.
We have a Honeywell home expert thermostat. We have it set those times so it's warm when we get up and warm when i get home. So should we be setting timer earlier and set to go off as we get up and then set it for an hour before i get home and leave the room thermostat to control it during the evening?

That's just not very helpful is it!!!!!! We've got a dog and spent quite a while finding a landlord that would except a dog, it's close to work, lovely neighbours etc etc so moving not an option-just after advice on how to make savings on energy usage
sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
Yes, a 24kW will be fine - just what you need.
Replies
Views
B
Sounds like a sticking microswitch in the zone...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back