help with re-running a flue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help with re-running a flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Happy new year guys!! I hope it is a prosperous one for all us plumb bums. I have been asked to re-run this flue. Is it possible to come up out of the roof and put a couple of elbows on it and run up the wall past the window? 2013-12-06 13.00.07.jpg

Can't you take it horizontal from the boiler?
Looks like boiler is on an outside wall.

Can't you take it horizontal from the boiler?
Looks like boiler is on an outside wall.
Will fire into neighbouring garden from the look of it.

I think you will have to put a pair of elbows on the inside from the look of it

I had a similar probs before... They don't seem to make external flue stuff, only plume type stuff... Probs gotta re route above boiler & terminate through roof again!

I hate making holes in flat roofs too!

I had a similar probs before... They don't seem to make external flue stuff, only plume type stuff... Probs gotta re route above boiler & terminate through roof again!

I hate making holes in flat roofs too!

Ruins the hole saw doesnt it!
if coming from below i use the hole saw in my sds and clean it up after but it murders it.

coming from above i mark up with the hole saw, drill with a spade bit around the edge and finish off with the recip saw.

i might get one of the bosch multi construction ones and see if thats better for it

Interesting set of tools on the window cill there mutley !!

Will fire into neighbouring garden from the look of it.

I think you will have to put a pair of elbows on the inside from the look of it

Don't look that close what about side exit then point a plume kit away from the window

Or extension don't look very long can you run it out at high level and out end wall?

Thanks for all the replies chaps. Am guessing re-running it on the inside with a couple of elbows and back up is my best option. Although I doubt that would stop the smell coming back into the room. Running it to the end of extension would mean drilling through 2 walls and above a bath.

Not my tools those Irish. Mine are a little bit superior:)

The garden you see below is the neighbours. So no chance running it outside unfortunately. So its only veissmann that do external flues then a

Looks closer then 1m, should be at least 1000mm away from an openable window.

What boiler is it? What's the plume options? Can't you just put on a horizontal and use plume management?

Put a washing bowl over top of flue works a treat? Or a pressure pad below window on inside, when some one stands at window it kills 240v to boiler?

what about window restrictors if it more than a meter away

Might be classed as a fire escape.....you would have to find out.

what make of boiler is it? Vaillant can be run outside if you silicone the joints. Was told this by their technical helpline by different engineers on different occasions.

What boiler is it? What's the plume options? Can't you just put on a horizontal and use plume management?

To go horizontal I would have to run it through two walls, through a bathroom and over a bath. So then boxing in with inspection hatches and all that

Put a washing bowl over top of flue works a treat? Or a pressure pad below window on inside, when some one stands at window it kills 240v to boiler?

Pressure pad hey, that is interesting too. Not an option though. Wouldn't want the boiler cutting out every time someone stands there.

This is what client has...20140113_131338.jpg20140113_131421.jpg20140113_131415.jpg

And this is what the client wants. A flue to go right up above the roof. He said straight up from where it is now. So is it possible to get flue brackets with a metre long rodding bar? Or even more importantly, would you be able to make it stable? The picture below is of a wb combi with an external flue I believe. 20140120_105435.jpg

8mm stud or 10mm dependent on brackets. I would say it will wobble like plastic Pam running to the rescue (boobwatch 1992-5?)

Probs need a unistrut or fabricated setup IMHO .

Typical wb install... Thinks he's above the rest because he fits wb? Me thinks he forgot a clip or two. Looks nice .

Last edited by a moderator:
8mm stud or 10mm dependent on brackets. I would say it will wobble like plastic Pam running to the rescue (boobwatch 1992-5?)

Probs need a unistrut or fabricated setup IMHO .

Typical wb install... Thinks he's above the rest because he fits wb? Me thinks he forgot a clip or two. Looks nice .

The WB install was my old boss. He was chuffed with that he was. I was thinking of a unistrut onto the roof to stabilise it a bit more. As nice as it was seeing pammy wobble, I do not want that for this flue!!

I guess I shall have to call vailliant up tomorrow and see what they offer for external flues as i cannot find anything on google about any products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Atag let you go for the 600mm clearance away...
Replies
Views
I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Back