hi all,i dont quite understand how Liquid Vapour FSD's work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss hi all,i dont quite understand how Liquid Vapour FSD's work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

G

Glenn042

hi all, i am puzzled... i'm studying FSD's at the mo and saw that cookers have something called a liquid vapour FSD...from my understanding it relies on a bellows expansion to go to a full flame...if the flame goes out then i understand that the gas is then shut off by the device...but what about the by-pass?....is gas still passing thru that?..if so then how safe is it?, i would appreciate some help on this thanks

Rather than try to explain it to you have a read of this which was easily found with a google

[DLMURL]http://www.radmidlands.co.uk/ControlsDom.pdf[/DLMURL]

And what about the bypass...........don't stick your head in the oven. It doesn't work anymore:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Mercury liquid filled probe is in contact with the flame (Pilot or burners bypass rate) Capillary tube is connected to bellows, which is attached to the gas valve on the burner gas supply. The heat causes the liquid to expand, which causes the bellows to lift the gas valve and hold it open to full rate. If the flame were to fail the probe will cool and the mercury vapour contracts back to liquid.closing the bellows and valve.

by pass is for low light

i would describe the by pass, as the relight feature, ie when the oven reaches temp the main burner goes out, when you open the door or turn the stat up the core temp drops and the main burner needs to relight, if it opens it needs something to light it, which is the by pass,

Similar plumbing topics

In principle it's should not drip but in...
Replies
Views
Was re-checked and passed no ID. pressure 15.5mbar
2 3
Replies
Views
Hi sorry for delayed update - I thought this...
Replies
Views
Back