Vaillant Ecotec pro Low working gas pressure | Gas Engineers Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec pro Low working gas pressure in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Nope. I fit one when installing the boiler. As I once had 14.5 at the valve. Put a test point in before the boiler and had 19 at the boiler.
Thanks Very interesting ...

On a side note. When I requested to have the condensate trap cleaned, he put it back without filling with water. When I asked why? As Service manual says to, his reply was no need for this type of boiler, when boiler runs it will fill by it self.

Is he right?

Thanks Very interesting .

On a side note. When I requested to have the condensate trap cleaned, he put it back without filling with water. When I asked why? As Service manual says to, his reply was no need for this type of boiler, when boiler runs it will fill by it self.

Is he right?

No. The condensate trap should be filled prior to running the Boiler. If the trap is dry, products of combustion will exit the condensate pipe termination point until the trap has filled.

If all that you say is true, I think you should voice polite concern in writing (email) to the service manager.

Thanks Very interesting .

Is he right?
We’re you watching, reading the book and offering an opinion during the service?

Valliants are known to loose pressure through the gas valve ask your GSI to install a test point before the gas valve and retest , you should have 21mbar +/- 2mbar at the meter and 20 mbar +/- 2mbar so no lower than 18mbar at this test point on full load . Kop

When he did the annual service did the engineer also open up the burner and brushed through? Has he checked the exp. vessel, flue integrity, has done all the **** ? Seems like he either was lazy and rushed the service or he has not got a clue. As @Last Plumber has mentioned if that all is true you should perhaps write an email.
No, burner was not opened and brushed. exp, vessel was topped up.
**** was done with a print out.
does my gas pipe have a gas test point valve? have attached a photos.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

No, burner was not opened and brushed. exp, vessel was topped up.
**** was done with a print out.
does my gas pipe have a gas test point valve? have attached a photos.

View attachment 37941

View attachment 37942

View attachment 37943

View attachment 37944
There is no test point installed as far as I can see. How did he re pressurise the exp.vessel ? Did he drain the boiler ? I do not mean the flue gas analysis I mean **** which are certain things to examine, gas rate, integrity of the flue, supply of combustion air,safety controls, etc...

There is no test point installed as far as I can see. How did he re pressurise the exp.vessel ? Did he drain the boiler ? I do not mean the flue gas analysis I mean **** which are certain things to examine, gas rate, integrity of the flue, supply of combustion air,safety controls, etc...
I am not sure, but this was ticked on the service check list.

005.JPG

P1 is the gas valve he hasn’t added his restrictions

14 plus 3.5 of vaillants are 2.5mbar 17.5 working at the gas valve

Low working pressure is not id unless it effects combustion

P1 is the Boiler running at Max and he has tested the pressure at the valve. Shaun is right with the drop on a Vaillant in that the pressure will be higher at the appliance inlet than at the valve test nipple. Your Boiler will be three this year and I can't remember when the manual was altered but if you have the one left by the installer and it says 13 mb min, then ask them to come back.

The boiler also has not been cleaned as it should be done annually. He did not open the burner and cleaned and checked the electrodes. I would also say that the gas rate seems dodgy to me meaning I don’t believe he has ever done it. However, I would call them back

The boiler also has not been cleaned as it should be done annually. He did not open the burner and cleaned and checked the electrodes. I would also say that the gas rate seems dodgy to me meaning I don’t believe he has ever done it. However, I would call them back
It’s not required every year

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the replies. I had another...
Replies
Views
If you have a hot tap or taps, set your DHW...
Replies
Views
Check the magna valves.
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Back