high pressure issues | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss high pressure issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
can't find my unsafe situations handbook or any of my gas books probably in the back of my van which is a riot the now but anyway...

working in a house where the incoming pressure is 30+ mbar so its blowing the water out of my u-guage, am I correct in saying it should be 25mbar minimum ? working pressure with hob on its own at meter is 24mbar. What would this be classed as ? I have the gas certificate to fill out tomorrow and will be phoning the gas board also as a few of us have smelt gas in the street.

I would just get the gas board there and have them turn it down. If not have it capped at ECV til safe

i had it capped at ECV but the boss came round and said its fine, but hes not the one putting his name to it and we are followed up by another firm who have the service contract

30Mb standing pressure on a low pressure service is toward the medium to high end of the spectrum. I wouldnt be happy with the WP at the hob either and so simply call 0800111999 and report a controlled high pressure. It may be that the reg needs swapping/adjusting and it may well be that if a new reg is fitted,that will need checking,adjusting and resealing also.

I agree, call 0800 111 999. working pressure should be 19-23 at the meter with a max 1mb drop to appliance. Not aware of any black and white rules on max standing pressure but would've thought it was around 30mb. I only check the standing pressure if the working pressure is low.

Standing pressures measured on the service..i.r using an adaptor on the ecv would typically be25-30 mb.

It is possible to get a fair bit higher and as long as its within the operating range of the regulator and the reg is working correctly,it wouldnt be a problem.

Anything above 35mb would be towards the higher end of the spectrum and if it were over 45mb it would be best to call ESP for checking as grid control may wish to consider dropping the pressure a little to discourage leakage !

I would have just wound the regulator down a bit

:dita:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Was re-checked and passed no ID. pressure 15.5mbar
2 3
Replies
Views
i may be missing something but im not sure how...
Replies
Views
dboi78
D
S
That is, of course, providing he has LPG as...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back