High water bills __________ | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss High water bills __________ in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Not sure if this is in the right section or even the right website but just wanted to query water meters and bills before I ring UU tomorrow, just had are bi-annual water bill and are monthly bill is shooting from £33 to £72 a month, to me this seems massively over what I would expect to pay, it's only me and my girlfriend living at the property, on average about 7-10 baths a week, no showers. Dishwasher and washing machine about 3 times each a week. No garden for watering plants. It estimates that we use about 560l of water a day.
Could there be a faulty meter? Or a leak between the meter outside and my internal stopcock? I'm certain there are no leaks within the property. Really not happy.
Thanks

Think I've got to the bottom if it,
Can't be believe I overlooked this ;
Did the tests Riley suggested and there wernt any movements on the meter, so I took a mean average of my water consumption over a week,
I was told by numerous sources that a bath takes 80 litres, A bath is more like 130-150 litres, well one of my girlfriend's is, she also has an over active bladder and the toilet is flushed up to 15 times a day, so already with 2 baths and 15 flushes we are touching 450 litres,
The main issue was up untill late December we had a faulty diverter valve on the boiler, this constantly ran us cold baths and was very hit and miss, I expect are water wastage over that period was very high.
All this combined probably resulted in higher consumption. And with higher consumption came higher costs for waste removal.
I'm installing a shower in the coming weeks, a new eco toilet and I've got the valve fixed on the boiler.
Hopefully all this will dramatically decrease our consumption and ultimately our bills
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. Tbh I'm just glad i don't have to dig the drive up!!

Think I've got to the bottom if it,
Can't be believe I overlooked this ;
Did the tests Riley suggested and there wernt any movements on the meter, so I took a mean average of my water consumption over a week,
I was told by numerous sources that a bath takes 80 litres, A bath is more like 130-150 litres, well one of my girlfriend's is, she also has an over active bladder and the toilet is flushed up to 15 times a day, so already with 2 baths and 15 flushes we are touching 450 litres,
The main issue was up untill late December we had a faulty diverter valve on the boiler, this constantly ran us cold baths and was very hit and miss, I expect are water wastage over that period was very high.
All this combined probably resulted in higher consumption. And with higher consumption came higher costs for waste removal.
I'm installing a shower in the coming weeks, a new eco toilet and I've got the valve fixed on the boiler.
Hopefully all this will dramatically decrease our consumption and ultimately our bills
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. Tbh I'm just glad i don't have to dig the drive up!!
'one of my girlfriends' well done. Thanks for letting us know the source of your problem....so when is the girlfriend going, cheaper than a shower and eco toilet ...I will pass this solution on to united utilities for their water consumption advice pages
cheers Centralheatking

'one of my girlfriends' well done. Thanks for letting us know the source of your problem....so when is the girlfriend going, cheaper than a shower and eco toilet ...I will pass this solution on to united utilities for their water consumption advice pages
cheers Centralheatking
'Did you know you could save hundreds of pounds a year by switching to different life partner'

Similar plumbing topics

I
  • Question
Not normally as the stop tap is before the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It's outside on the pavement
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ha easier said than done cutting back to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
1 is filling loop passing. 2 if it’s a combi...
Replies
Views
Back