Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 34 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter REDSAW
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 190K

Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
if both inlets are at bottom, turn rad upside down, simples :)

Simples maybe, but some clown will come along and forget when the rads are standing outside, pick them up and presto, black slime down the drive, it happens.

Simples maybe, but some clown will come along and forget when the rads are standing outside, pick them up and presto, black slime down the drive, it happens.

:iagree: this was the main point as the scrap collectors do not care about a clean path/drive

It's a good idea, but I won't use it. It's upside down and out into the van (stood upside down) and I'm the scrappy man :) My pockets are to full to be fannying on with old rad caps. But each to their own,

keep the plastic plugs that protect the tappings in new rads and put them into the tappings of the old rads, this will stop getting black sludge everywhere, this also helps when carrying a rad down stairs or in a clean property.

i always spin em upside down through properties so sludge in house not a problem..like the plug idea to stop the scrappys jackson pollocks'in the drive.

Oilies: always check the nozzle is what the pot says it is, twice now I've found it to be wrong.

I always put in the terms and conditions that the value of the scrap metal is taken into account when I arrive at the final price (in reality it covers me for unforseen extras). Regarding the rest of the waste, it really depends on how much there is and I itemise it on estimates. Some customers decide to get rid of the rubbish themselves, others ask you.

Close vent and up side down is the easiest way !! If you have time you can do what ever you like but best trick of the trade is to up side down them and rads go in the back of the van(the only safe place for scrap is back of the van without many people seeing you ) never ever leave scrap or copper pipes outside the house where you are working

When draining down, always count and record the number of rads you open. I've just worked in a very large house with 47 rads, missed the 2 in the walk in wardrobe, came back next day and had to get on with this:

Drawing and dining rooms, ceilings knackered. One sofa to recover, one large carpet to replace. Thank God for PubLib.

Worst day of my working life, the poor custards were very good about it when they came back from holiday Saturday morning. A real pride denter, stupid, avoidable mistake. I hope someone else can learn from it!

de6apy6a.jpg

When draining down, always count and record the number of rads you open. I've just worked in a very large house with 47 rads, missed the 2 in the walk in wardrobe, came back next day and had to get on with this:

Drawing and dining rooms, ceilings knackered. One sofa to recover, one large carpet to replace. Thank God for PubLib.

Worst day of my working life, the poor custards were very good about it when they came back from holiday Saturday morning. A real pride denter, stupid, avoidable mistake. I hope someone else can learn from it!

de6apy6a.jpg

I feel for ya pal. thats why i hate it when custards are away or out and i have to post keys back through..Always get paranoid on the way home..

de6apy6a.jpg

Oh flip, your an absolute sport for putting this up. That's a real ****er mate. like you say, thank god for public liability insurance!

The person that never made a mistake doesn't exist.
Bad luck fella but you will learn from this error:thumbup:

Bunker, I feel for you mate, hope everything turns out ok. I guess most of us if not all have made a similar mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
to all the very new plumbers, be carefull how much solder you apply to microbore fittings. spent an hour faffing around with a luke warm rad only to find one of the young lads had partially blocked the 10mm elbow with solder doh.

When fitting chrome pipe to bathroom towel rads use a dremel with the stone wheel to remove the chrome takes seconds then you can solder to the exposed copper. You can sleep at night once the tiles are down?

ive been using "frame fixers" or whatever they are called to fix wc's to floor lately! simple job! just fut the flange off the plug! no faffing arounf with plugs not entering the holes you have drilled ect!!

ive been using "frame fixers" or whatever they are called to fix wc's to floor lately! simple job! just fut the flange off the plug! no faffing arounf with plugs not entering the holes you have drilled ect!!

What do you mean? Have you got a link please

What do you mean? Have you got a link please

These
Frame Fixings 8 x 80mm Pack of 10 | NoLinkingToThis

They are not corrosion resist tho so someone will hve to break the pan out in a few years when the pysh rots the screw head.

These

They are not corrosion resist tho so someone will hve to break the pan out in a few years when the pysh rots the screw head.

Blimey, that's a bit extreme isn't it?

These

What ever happened to using 4" No.12 brass slotted screws & raw plugs to fix a pan down, a Tamz ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Article
Compex EX 04 fail Hi. I’m new to the Forum...
Replies
Views
Jackson123
J
  • Question
I have some 3 and 4 port valves from them and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I never have, but if it were a decent place...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
S
  • Question
There were issues with failing heat exchangers...
Replies
Views
Back