Hive thermostat recently installed. Ideal h15 boiler ..heating working but hot water is off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hive thermostat recently installed. Ideal h15 boiler ..heating working but hot water is off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I have got Ideal Heat H15 boiler and got Hive thermostat active heating installed recently by electrician. After multiple rounds the electrician managed to get heating on from the Hive thermostat. When the heating is on, boiler fires up and passes to the radiators. Pressing the Hot Water to On or Booster in Hive makes no difference to the boiler and the status is 00 in boiler. I have got hot cyclinder tank in airing cupboard and also immersion heater. The electrician is saying it is no fault and this boiler is only for heating. I believe now my hot water is due to the immersion heater and it is consuming electricity instead of gas.

Need some help on this and where the fault could be ?

Thanks..

Attached photos if it helps.

Attachments

• 20211013_141937.jpg
    20211013_141937.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20211013_135224.jpg
    20211013_135224.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20211013_133748.jpg
    20211013_133748.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211013_132829.jpg
    20211013_132829.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 39
The hive - is it dual channel? If yes, then it doesn’t have a wire in hot water on terminal, if it’s only a single channel, you need a dual channel. Also not zones for heating will come on together.

:D your missing wires in there

Ideally you need a twin zone eg heating and hot water and a single heating one aswell

And you controlled the hot water from there before?

Hot water on needs to be 3 take out link between L and 1
As Shaun said on #5 really needs a single controller as well to separate heating zones.
As I said above hive is connected to zone 1 heating and zone 2 thermostat is untouched and do not intend to move to hive after this experience. I hear if I need to go for multi zone need to have another hive receiver and multi zone thermostat.

One question..in hive wiring of that which would go to 3 ? Would it be one already wired or different one ,if it is easy question to answer.

Similar plumbing topics

J
+1 for motorised valve. Is there any...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
Mine is 35 years old and the system doesn't...
Replies
Views
Back