Holes in floor joists for waste pipes | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Holes in floor joists for waste pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I just don't agree that it is something you should completely avoid doing otherwise why issue guidelines in the first place if it can't be done safely? The calculations have been made and they're issued because it can just like many other aspects of our trade.

isnt that the wrong way eg the tabs under the timber?

In hindsight not much in it strength/stiffness wise but it might be more representative as to how it might be used when access is limited or say it was a floor joist when you wouldn't want to uneven the top surface of the joist.

There are a lot of the nearly flat shower trays without an upstand being installed now so I think a lot of plumbers must be running pipes through the joists.
Slightly off topic but when you put these flat floor level shower trays in after you have tested it pack as much cheap insulation underneath in between the joists, everywhere. The drumming sound of water from the shower can be awesome downstairs as we found out a few years ago, it drowned out there telly...we were lucky cause the customers were a partltbdeaf couple who let it go ! Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Both unless the joists 250mm plus or I joists
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
The Approved Documents are not British...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes as above just watch your ods
Replies
Views
Back