Home made CH chemical injection pump | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Home made CH chemical injection pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

Instead of paying out for expensive aerosol chemicals for central heating systems why not use a pump to inject the cheaper standard chemicals?

There's no need to pay out a fortune to buy one. A cheap garden sprayer and a couple of fittings will do the trick.

Take one garden sprayer, one 10x15 compression coupling and an old filling loop. Ensure that the hose from the sprayer looks to be about 10mm ID. Cut off the spray attachment, fit the nut and olive from the 10mm end of the coupling over the hose, you may need to warm it slightly to get them to fit. Insert into the fitting and tighten. Remove and discard the nut from the other end and attach the filling loop. You now have a pressure pump for injecting chemicals into sealed heating systems.

With a bit of ingenuity you can make up various adaptors. A straight compression coupling screwed into the top of a radiator allows you to inject straight into a radiator.

A sort section of hose connected to a fulham nozzle with a 1/2" MI thread enables you to inject in all sorts of different places, it's easy to make up an adaptor to 22mm copper that will enable you to inject chemicals into the open vent of a system, saves having to partially drain the system, just turn off the water. Bale some out and mix with the chemical, stick it in the pump and pump it down the open vent, system water will be forced back up the cold feed and the chemical is straight into the heart of the system.

How about a sealed system where the mains pressure is really low, increase the pressure using the pump to push more water into the system.

CQ9R2226 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

CQ9R2227 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

A mate made one with a smaller sprayer but I use it to stick antifreeze in caravan heating systems so the 5l size is handy.

Similar got a few attachments but there in the flushing kit ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359146016.667052.jpg

i will be able to get these any where i guess hey, probably screwfix an toolstation. If not them then B&Q or homebase.

I tell you what, how about one of these from screwfix 50062 no heating system will escape the inhibitor distributor!!!

Think mine was a fiver or something ,someone had stolen all the attachments out the box so it got reduced.

a fiver, you pay that for one little tap connector from hoselock. You got a bargain! I hate thieving Beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
Update: In the Summer I swapped out the 10mm...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Great advice given. Thread closed.
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
G
Thanks for all the responses, think I'm sorted now
Replies
Views
GonzoRibbons