I've made my heating system worse! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss I've made my heating system worse! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Thanks to everybody who offered advice, it's all been very helpful.
I've got about as much heat back in the problem rads as there was before I started changing valves by using a combination of the suggested techniques.
I think the problem mainly lies with undersized pipework so will take a stab at replacing the 10mm with 15mm in the warmer months.
Does anybody see any benefit to using something bigger than 15mm when that's what I'm going to be connecting it to?
Good plan, when it warms up get some dosh ready come back on and we will be pleased to help you, thanks for getting back. Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Update: In the Summer I swapped out the 10mm with 15mm.
I had to surface mount the new pipes to the wall as I didn't fancy attempting to squeeze long lengths of 15mm down between the wall and the plasterboard. I covered them up with Talon double pipe covers and as the wall is white they look just fine.

It still took a few weeks for an airlock to work its way out of the system so I was a bit downhearted by the fact that the rads were not warming up much more than they had previously. Now though they are scorching, so much so that I think I'm going to need to reduce the flow a bit.

Thanks to all who got involved in this thread. The various comments and suggestions gave me the confidence that swapping out the 10mm pipe was the way to go.

Similar plumbing topics

Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi, I'm after some advice for a current system...
Replies
Views
Sandy Rivers
S
The pin was stuck on the TRV,
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will be a 15-60 then prob ups2 Green lights ?
Replies
Views
Back