Honeywell CMT927 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Honeywell CMT927 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got to say I'm a convert to these gadgets and I think they are really well designed. I did a S plan conversion for an old house with wooden panelled walls, ornate plasterwork (so didn't want to be chopping out for new wires) and lots of solid stone walls. I had my doubts about whether the radio signal woulld be strong enough but my electrician convinced me that it would be fine. After the system had been set up, he took the unit down into the cellar and it still talked to the base unit, as it did also at the bottom of the garden.

Anyway when I did a follow up call the customer (an oldish chap) said how pleased he was and found it surprisingly easy to use. I know they're almost £100 but it works out cheaper and less disruptive than chasing out walls, running cables and redecorating. My electrician says it's his thermostat of choice now.

screw them to a wall or youll be back helping the old boy find it when he cant turn the heating off

No, he's reasonably switched on.

I did come to a house once where the customer (not one of mine) complained that the heating was not coming on properly - he had put it onto the mantlepiece above an open fire and was using it to tell the time by.

saw a roomstat mounted 2" above a rad in the lounge a few weeks back, house never warmed up was the customers complaint.

I understand the plumber who installed the system appeared in the local court last week cos he was accusede of using his inspection mirror to look under swimming pool changing cubicles at the young girls getting dressed. If only he had paid attention in class he might have learnt to use his tools correctly and where to mount room stats. Now he will be looking for his soap on a rope if the judge dont like him.
Still theres always a silver lining, his customers will need a new plumber lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Ah the good old ' should be a doddle but ends...
Replies
Views
IDCHAPPY
I
R
That answers me question, Well done you.
2 3
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
R
....to tell you the truth I feel quite scared...
Replies
Views
RGN007
R
Back