Opinion on my recent plumbing work plumber experience please | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Opinion on my recent plumbing work plumber experience please in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and not my new plywood and £250 vinyl topping with pipes through them as,well!

I think I am most upset because he verbally attacks me at it being my fault through ME not pointing the pipes out first so he could add it to the bill. My not-a-plumber ex has noted it only would have involved lifting one loose 12inch part board to join nearer wall. Seems odd my engine tuning non reading but technically adept ex can suss solution where the qualified heating plumbing person sees big problem.

I have paid plumber £500 of the £575. I am tempted to refuse the £75 and use it toward remedial work. Would that be unfair do you think, under the circumstances?

A "real" plumber would have looked at the original set up and pointed out the steps to making this a really good job not necessarily outside the stated price. Sorry that you are in this situation but it will take a little more than the withholding to make good.

This has nothing to do with communication.
Any half rsed plumber would have known what to do to leave a decent job. It is lazyness and incompetence.
Stuff like this does my nut in.

Have to agree with Tamz, the job is rough and the fitter has gone for the quick, easy option. It is obvious that the pipes should not be going directly through the bottom, and even so, these pipes are not straight anyway! People like this give the rest of us a bad name.

I agree with the last couple of posts that this is poor workmanship. Regardless of the communication no quality tradesman would leave a job like this and should of made you aware of the situation, that's why you pay to get a 'professional' in.

I was teasing lame plumber...more of an affectionate comment (knowing I spend a lot of time doing work stuff in my own time). I was surprised to see so many plumbers "off duty" on here!

we fit these all the time now and it goes without saying everythings hidden as its wall hung, :iagree: it is just lazyness

best thing to happen is for him to end up in a& e and nursy to be there with giant enema and large iron supplement injection! otherwise why not tell the world your location and see if a decent plumber will make good for you fm this site.

best thing to happen is for him to end up in a& e and nursy to be there with giant enema and large iron supplement injection! Otherwise why not tell the world your location and see if a decent plumber will make good for you fm this site.

lol!!

Thank-you for all your opinions. I was wondering if my expectations were too high and apparently not.

I am not taken sides here but I would of moved the pipes or made note of the pipes needing moved, tho it would been a extra charge wraggle wall then plaster over then smooth then paint full underneath VU would ou of been happy to pay extra to get this done as i no some customers would not pay the extra,

I have done a few of these and i use my wraggle machine to do these my plaster smooths and than we paint it and it looks fantastic

I am not taken sides here but I would of moved the pipes or made note of the pipes needing moved, tho it would been a extra charge wraggle wall then plaster over then smooth then paint full underneath VU would ou of been happy to pay extra to get this done as i no some customers would not pay the extra,

I have done a few of these and i use my wraggle machine to do these my plaster smooths and than we paint it and it looks fantastic

What on earth is a wraggle machine?

I didn't get the opportunity to pay extra, though I do think there is an expectation as a customer asking a quote from an experienced plumber that he/she would check as part of surveying the job. Im disappointed in this case he just put unsightly holes through the floor of my new wall hung drawer sink.

I mean, if you know the customer is ordering a wall hung anything, would it not be good practice to check behind the existing pedestal? He said that was my responsibility to know.

If he had said oops I hadn't realised this, I'll meet you part way it isn't something I would have thought he was ripping me off for unless it was silly extra money.

only thing i can think of is when he came to quote the job he never thought about the pipework, and the reason it was not done was lazyness and cost he had not factored this is to the cost.

what did the other person quote did they mention the pipework

steven

smtplumbing,

I wouldn't know if the other plumbers considered the pipework, or how they professionally would have responded had they realised they hadn't thought about it. I do know that had my ex husband quoted for a job on a car and hadn't realised something he thought he should have realised, he would not have expected the customer to pay for his mistake or bad judgement.

I do know the plumber had less work than he quoted for in a couple of other areas such as all the tiling didn't come off round the old bath. He only needed to replace 2 tiles that cracked and 2 new tiles where the plaster was exposed because the new bath was shorter. I also paid the delivery company (Victoria Plumb were very efficient) a 2 man delivery to carry the toilet, the vanity and sink and the corner bath upstairs as one of the other plumbers had balked at getting the bath upstairs.

I didn't expect him to deduct anything for doing less, but likewise if he has made an error in judgement I think he should bear part of the mistake, after all, I am left with a damaged new vanity unit with a hole underneath that shows when you open the draw so if he repaired the problem we both have something to lose.

....to tell you the truth I feel quite scared of him. He is not violent or even shouting, but there is something in his manner that is oppressive and makes me feel panicky. Half of me hopes he doesn't turn up tomorrow and I'd just put the £75 of the £575 I have hung onto toward paying someone else, even if it costs me triple. However, I don't feel like the hassle of him thinking he is entitled to the remainder when I still have the old bath in my garden, the bath side cover in my daughter's bedroom and the toilet is only attached by the soil pipe....oh...and of course the unsightly pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in need of an experienced plumber...
Replies
Views
If you have the spare funds go ahead as it...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back